2013~2016 New Member here! Looking for advice...

thatguyT

:
2016 CX-5 GT
Hello!
I'll get right down to it - I own a 2016 CX-5, Meteor Grey. Love it.

<As seen on my profile>

MODS:
Tinted front windows to match rear
LED Map Lights

LED Blinkers, LP lights, backup lights
RGB/Flood Light Bar mounted in bottom bumper
BadLanz exhaust cutout (valve) (custom straight pipe)
Electric air horn (double pull switch with stock horn)
Hendlex Ceramic Coating

Now for my to-do list. This is where I am asking for recommendations, guidance, tips etc! (help)
I do realize I can search for these things, but I want to be more active/social than that. This IS a forum after all (cabpatch) !

Standard Hitch
CAI
Sway bars
Larger tires (w/ stock 19 rims, when due)
LED Fog lights
Sound proof cabin
Window Rain Guards?

Thanks in advance!

So .... Welcome?!?
Is there a question here? I'm confused.

Hello!
I'll get right down to it - I own a 2016 CX-5, Meteor Grey. Love it.

<As seen on my profile>

MODS:
Tinted front windows to match rear
LED Map Lights

LED Blinkers, LP lights, backup lights
RGB/Flood Light Bar mounted in bottom bumper
BadLanz exhaust cutout (valve) (custom straight pipe)
Electric air horn (double pull switch with stock horn)
Hendlex Ceramic Coating

Now for my to-do list. This is where I am asking for recommendations, guidance, tips etc! (help)
I do realize I can search for these things, but I want to be more active/social than that. This IS a forum after all (cabpatch) !

Standard Hitch
CAI
Sway bars
Larger tires (w/ stock 19 rims, when due)
LED Fog lights
Sound proof cabin
Window Rain Guards?

Thanks in advance!

The only mod I did was to add a trailer hitch. I haven't actually used it yet, but it is good for bike racks, carriors, small trailers, step etc. I think the CX-5 is a good car.

7eregrine thank you, and yes! My two questions were: What's the best way to post pictures here? and: asking for recommendations, guidance, tips etc on those mods I listed.
To be more specific for you, I am asking for people to tell me about their experiences with my listed "To Do List" mods - products used, recommendations, techniques, do's and don't's, tips & tricks, etc. Directing me to other threads that were // are helpful would be great too!

MyFirstMazda great! that's pretty high on my to do list. What brand did you use? What class? How was the install of the hitch // wiring harness? likes / dislikes? etc...

Stick with the factory air box....and get AEM dry flow filter.

You got a California model like mine....remove the restrictive permanent filter inside air box housing (not the actual intake filter). Open your box and you can see yourself. Glued on to top half of the box.

Stick with the factory air box....and get AEM dry flow filter.

You got a California model like mine....remove the restrictive permanent filter inside air box housing (not the actual intake filter). Open your box and you can see yourself. Glued on to top half of the box.

Interesting..... I've been reading about people that have done this mod and variations of it, and it's my understanding that I'll lose low end torque without the full CAI setup, without the box (uhm)
You have the AEM Dry flow setup? How does it drive? Sound?
Thanks(burnout)

Interesting..... I've been reading about people that have done this mod and variations of it, and it's my understanding that I'll lose low end torque without the full CAI setup, without the box (uhm)
You have the AEM Dry flow setup? How does it drive? Sound?
Thanks(burnout)

Have not experienced loss in low end torque. Coupled with AEM dry flow filter engine breathes better and revs easier. Can be cleaned anytime too.

7eregrine thank you, and yes! My two questions were: What's the best way to post pictures here? and: asking for recommendations, guidance, tips etc on those mods I listed.
To be more specific for you, I am asking for people to tell me about their experiences with my listed "To Do List" mods - products used, recommendations, techniques, do's and don't's, tips & tricks, etc. Directing me to other threads that were // are helpful would be great too!

MyFirstMazda great! that's pretty high on my to do list. What brand did you use? What class? How was the install of the hitch // wiring harness? likes / dislikes? etc...

I got the Curt trailer hitch and harness. Most people get the etrailer hidden hitch but I didn't like the L piece of metal that shows. I wrestled with it by myself, getting it seated in its spot was hard. I might not have lowered the muffler enough to make it easier, idk. The harness was easy. No body panel removal tools were needed to get the panels off. I used the aux supply in the back for power. There is a Canadian OEM harness that uses an empty circuit in the back junction box for power which is nice, no soldering required. I got a class III with the 2" receiver. Most accessories are 2". I don't have a single dislike, I am pretty happy with it.

Back