Where are the Reserves?

From a business perspective, it's o.k. if Mazda loses some customers to luxury brands. What makes the best sense is that Maza establishes/maintains a position as a "good car design-driving-reliability" brand at a compelling price point.
I understand Mazda is trying to retain old customers and also attract new customers; but adding trim levels, utilizing new trim names, adding higher price points etc... just makes things too complicated (for the manufacturing, retail store distribution, and consumer as well) .Businesses that try to be "all things to all people" usually fail at same.

I just commented that if you want to see complicated, go to Toyota's website and try to build a RAV4. When I was looking last year, they seemed to have every combination of options in different packages, rather than make them a la carte. It is overwhelming to try to pick through...and you still cannot find exactly what you want...there must have been over a dozen. I don't find Mazda's to be all that complex, except the addition of two trim levels in order to get the turbo. I wonder if they didn't just have the Signature, and then decided to introduce a lower price-point trim to get the turbo without going full-blown luxury.

Mastria Mazda in Raynham, MA is showing 8 GTR's available.

If they're like the dealers here, they only have 1 on hand. You'll just see stock photos of vehicles on order. The ones on hand have actual images of the vehicle listed.

Quirk Mazda looks like they have 7.... with actual photos. No idea if they*ve been sold though.

thanks, I wish Mazda USA would keep an accurate inventory..would save a lot of time trying to search every dealer separately.
Quirk Mazda doesn't even show up in Dealer search on Mazda site..what the heck??

Last edited:
thanks, I wish Mazda USA would keep an accurate inventory..would save a lot of time trying to search every dealer separately.
Quirk Mazda doesn't even show up in Dealer search on Mazda site..what the heck??

Mazda seems to be doing itself a real disservice by having that website feature and it not be accurate.

What's worse is it does not show cars when they have them, meaning you just turn around and walk away. If it were inaccurate the other way (showing inventory where none exists), at least people would be picking up the phone and calling Mazda dealers.

Here in the SF Bay Area the Mazda USA web site inventory matches up exactly with the local dealer inventory.

Mazda seems to be doing itself a real disservice by having that website feature and it not be accurate.

What's worse is it does not show cars when they have them, meaning you just turn around and walk away. If it were inaccurate the other way (showing inventory where none exists), at least people would be picking up the phone and calling Mazda dealers.

agree, looking for a reserve and the Mazda site shows 0 inventory within 250 miles. Then I do a dealer search in my area and I find that many don't show up.
Many dealers within 50 miles do indeed have reserves....but how would I even know if the dealer search function doesn't even show all the dealers?

Did a 200 mile search in MA area and no Reserves at all......0

Picked up our GTR first week of April off the lot - Sentry in Shrewsbury. When I went back a few days after for my sticker it appeared that there were quite a few on the lot.

Tim Colleton was our rep...

Back