Help for stiff suspension

Wow just got out of work and checked the tire pressures...50+ PSI! All four of them! I reduced them all to 35 PSI and that made all the difference in the world. Thanks so much to those of you who said to check pressure. It was truly bothering me.

Wow just got out of work and checked the tire pressures...50+ PSI! All four of them! I reduced them all to 35 PSI and that made all the difference in the world. Thanks so much to those of you who said to check pressure. It was truly bothering me.

It must be a pretty new car. They ship with around 45 PSI, so it just means your dealer didn't do everything they were supposed to do before they sold you the car, like adjust the tire pressure down to 35 PSI. Unfortunately, I think it's pretty common.

It must be a pretty new car. They ship with around 45 PSI, so it just means your dealer didn't do everything they were supposed to do before they sold you the car, like adjust the tire pressure down to 35 PSI. Unfortunately, I think it's pretty common.
I won't trust dealers for s***. Saw a CPO CX-5 leave them with the coolant reservoir level at below L.

Thanks, I just checked my car and it was 45 psi surprisingly. No wonder that ride was so stiff. First, I was thinking that it was due to 19" wheel. Set to 35 psi and did test drive and I noticed big improvement . This was done after more than a month I purchased. =P

Tires that are 10psi overinflated can be dangerous especially in the wet. You should report it to Mazda US. The dealers are being paid for pre delivery inspection.

Thanks, I just checked my car and it was 45 psi surprisingly. No wonder that ride was so stiff. First, I was thinking that it was due to 19" wheel. Set to 35 psi and did test drive and I noticed big improvement . This was done after more than a month I purchased. =P

I am tempted to think they wanted you to be amazed by the incredible gas mileage, which is the only plus part of this scenario.

For those of you adjusting tire pressures, be sure you reset the TPMS before driving, after adjusting the pressure.

Well you measured the tire pressure HOT! You should re-check them when cold to match recommended tire pressure. The best time to check tire pressure is the first thing in the morning.

I usually add 3 psi to recommended tire pressure. In my case with gen-1 CX-5 on 19" Toyo tires, the recommended tire pressure is 36 psi, but I use 39 psi COLD all around and getting even wear on tread for 35K miles.

For those of you adjusting tire pressures, be sure you reset the TPMS before driving, after adjusting the pressure.
This's something said in the owner's manual. But from my experience, I've never had a need to reset TPMS after tire pressure adjustment and tire rotation. Based on recent experience of a rash of flat tires, I can confirm the cheaper version TPMS of my gen-1 CX-5 worked perfectly to detect flat even though I don't do any reset after those events. I'd wait until TPMS warning light is on and reset it, but people should follow the manual and do the TPMS reset accordingly.

I am tempted to think they wanted you to be amazed by the incredible gas mileage, which is the only plus part of this scenario.

CX5 gas amazement was over in 2013 and 2016 when Toyota and Honda engines were pretty awful. Gen2 is heavier and now middle or bottom of the pack in F.E.

....until Diesel or Skyactive-X

Actually, what I meant is that as you overinflate the tires their contact patch area becomes smaller and smaller which in turn, reduces rolling resistance and increases fuel mileage.

I was upset with the ride on my 2 day old 2019 CX 5 signature. Felt really harsh. Went to dealer today - tires were at 50PSI - changing that to spec made it a whole different drive.

I was upset with the ride on my 2 day old 2019 CX 5 signature. Felt really harsh. Went to dealer today - tires were at 50PSI - changing that to spec made it a whole different drive.

They owe you at least a free oil change for making you go back to have that corrected.

Once again proving my point that these so called "inspections" dealers are supposed to do never happen. My sister had a lot of issues with her CPO CX-5. So much stuff they should have found in a simple inspection.

Back