2016~2023 Where is the PCV Valve? I want to change it!

MLC LS1

:
2017 Mazda CX-9
Hey Guys,
Where is the PCV valve on this 2.5T motor? I popped the cover off and looked around, but there's 9 million hoses and 55 things that look like a PCV valve but aren't. A quick google search shows that the parts companies don't even know where it is lol. Any advice is appreciated. I'd like to change it out so I don't end up imitating the MazdaSpeed3 DISI engines with the blown turbos due to excessive crankcase pressure.

#LS-SwapTheWorld

Mike

Ah...what is the history of these engines having failed turbochargers?
What is a "blown" turbocharger?
How does crankcase pressure cause turbocharger damage?
How would any of this relate to a stock, non-modified 2.5T engine?

I wrote a DIY on adding an oil catch can, but after having the oil catch can installed for over 6000 km / 3700 mi and seeing the oil catch can empty as of this morning, I'm not so sure I installed it correctly, lol. It may just be due to the location of the catch can as I can now see some film on the inside of the can.

Anyway, here's a quick pic of my install. You can check out the DIY thread in my signature for more pictures.

attachment.php

Hey Guys,
Where is the PCV valve on this 2.5T motor? I popped the cover off and looked around, but there's 9 million hoses and 55 things that look like a PCV valve but aren't. A quick google search shows that the parts companies don't even know where it is lol. Any advice is appreciated. I'd like to change it out so I don't end up imitating the MazdaSpeed3 DISI engines with the blown turbos due to excessive crankcase pressure.

#LS-SwapTheWorld

Mike

There is no indication that the 2.5T shares any of the previous Mazda turbo-4's trouble spots. Not sure where you got this idea.

What would you replace the PCV valve with, anyway? Another of the same? If you take it out, shake it, and it rattles, it's working.

Back