2017 - 2019 wheels

MRV

:
Mazda cx 5
Hi everyone, How would you compare 2017, 18 wheels to 2019 in high trims cx 5, interms of beauty, sporty appearance?

I hate the pizza wheels. 19 are better but 16s were the best.

19's look the best if you're after a premium look. 16's look the best if you're after the sport look. 17-18 design looks confused with the two-tone finish. They look better if painted a uniform color.

I have both 17' pizza wheels and 19' GT-reserve wheels. I got them both powder coated in gloss black. I have to give it to the 19' version, they look a lot better. they look much bigger than the 17' wheels for some odd reason.

I have to give it to the 19' version, they look a lot better. they look much bigger than the 17' wheels for some odd reason.

Agreed. My issues with the '18 (same as '17) pizza wheels is that the "crust" doesn't go to the edge of the rim making the wheel look smaller and the dark painted rim blends with the tire making the tire's sidewall look bigger.

What's the point in an era of mega rims and ultra low profile tires?

Last edited:
I have both 17' pizza wheels and 19' GT-reserve wheels. I got them both powder coated in gloss black. I have to give it to the 19' version, they look a lot better. they look much bigger than the 17' wheels for some odd reason.

I was at first confused by your post since the two factory wheel diameters are 17" and 19" and thought that's what you were indicating with the numbers even though GTs have 19" wheels on both.

Now I realize you wrote 17' for the year 2017, not 17".

I have both 17' pizza wheels and 19' GT-reserve wheels. I got them both powder coated in gloss black.

Can you upload some pictures of your 17 wheels. I am interested to see the wheels with gloss black coating.

Both the Pre-2016.5 & 2016 19" looks the goods and matches the car nicely. i.e. Pre-16.5 with the honeycomb grill and 2-tone rims on the flat grill of the 2016.5

Not a fan of the pizza cutters but the 2019 - new 19" on the GTR matches the design of the car quite nicely.

I saw somewhere that the 2018 pizzas are essentially the same as the 2019's wheels with just a different color scheme. I've looked at pictures of both wheels and can't make up my mind if that's true or not. I guess it's possible.

Can you upload some pictures of your 17 wheels. I am interested to see the wheels with gloss black coating.

I second this request.

293br15.jpg

24oyoic.jpg

Last edited:
I saw somewhere that the 2018 pizzas are essentially the same as the 2019's wheels with just a different color scheme. I've looked at pictures of both wheels and can't make up my mind if that's true or not. I guess it's possible.

Not true. 2017 and 2018 are the same. 2019 is different.

Not true. 2017 and 2018 are the same. 2019 is different.

I currently have 2017 touring 17's on my car.

I have a set of 2018 Grand Touring Pizza cutter wheels sitting my garage. If they don't sell by the time the tires on my 17's are gone I'm going to get them powder coated one color and put summer tires on them and put snow tires on the 17's.

The current fad of every car manufacturer to make two tone rims is terrible in my opinion.

Back