Hazard signal lights

MRV

:
Mazda cx 5
At what speed does hazard lights flash if the driver suddenly brakes? And do All cx 5 trims 2017 -2019 have this feature ? And any one had this hazard light came on while applying emergency brake?

really hazard lights automatically flash when sudden braking?
I just know the "BRAKE" info come up on the HUD if you're approaching a car too fast from behind.

Hazard flashing upon sudden/hard braking is enabled in some markets ... but not the U.S.

At what speed does hazard lights flash if the driver suddenly brakes? And do All cx 5 trims 2017 -2019 have this feature ? And any one had this hazard light came on while applying emergency brake?

The parking brake (it's NOT an emergency brake) cannot be applied while the vehicle is in motion.

The parking brake (it's NOT an emergency brake) cannot be applied while the vehicle is in motion.
Some people calling it parking brake as emergency brake is because you can use it to slow down the vehicle when the regular foot brake fails. And you certainly can apply parking brake, including newer electrical parking brake while the vehicle is in motion simply by holding the switch at the pull-up position.

Some people calling it parking brake as emergency brake is because you can use it to slow down the vehicle when the regular foot brake fails. And you certainly can apply parking brake, including newer electrical parking brake while the vehicle is in motion simply by holding the switch at the pull-up position.

Yep, electric parking brake works perfect while vehicle is moving, during which the ABS keeps rear wheels from locking up too.

Please read my topic carefully, When you apply sudden brakes the right and left hazard signal lights flash automatically and rapidly.

On my car the dealer installed an aftermarket device to cause the brake lights to rapidly flash when brakes are first applied.

They did this unbidden, and tried to charge me for it along with the paint protection film on the door handle cups and door edges. Of course I didn't pay for them.

I have seen this in Europe but I dont know whether the usa models have this - enabling blinkers on a very hard stop.

On the other side, blinkers automatically start in case of a crash.

The simple answer is 37 mph (60 kmh) but i*m not aware that it works with the EPB. The system looks at vehicle speed and deceleration (via a yaw sensor) to determine operation. It might work if it can develop enough deceleration for example if the emergency handbrake was used going up a steepish hill. The rate of flashes is 7 times in 2 seconds which is about as fast as you can get ordinary bulbs to flash clearly. There is a secondary mode that will start the normal hazard warning flashers if the speed drops below about 6 mph (10 kmh) after sudden deceleration.

The EPB (electric parking brake) can and should be used in an emergency. As mooted above, it has the added benefit on a CX5 of including ABS operation for maximum effectiveness.

Ive got pdf*s on both if anyone wants a detailed read.

I stand corrected. The one time that I tired to apply the parking brake while the car was moving didn't work. I didn't hold the switch in the up position though. I pulled it up for a moment and the indicator flashed at me but didn't apply the brake.

So by holding the switch up I can slide the ass end of my CX around in the snow?

I stand corrected. The one time that I tired to apply the parking brake while the car was moving didn't work. I didn't hold the switch in the up position though. I pulled it up for a moment and the indicator flashed at me but didn't apply the brake.

So by holding the switch up I can slide the ass end of my CX around in the snow?
Yeah you've to hold the EPB switch up and make it work while the vehicle is moving. I personally have never had a chance to use it this way, but it's what described in our owner's manual. I doubt these parking brakes would lock the rear wheels up and trigger the ABS though as the parking brake really has very minimum stopping power when the vehicle is moving.

R
I doubt these parking brakes would lock the rear wheels up and trigger the ABS though as the parking brake really has very minimum stopping power when the vehicle is moving.

Not wishing to contradict but I think it will. I suppose there*s an easy way to find out.

Are you maybe referring to the quick, multiple flashes you seen when you are behind someone and they brake? If so, that's an aftermarket upgrade some people do by installing a flasher module in their brake light. Personally, that annoys the sh%& out of me when I'm behind them in stop and go traffic

Are you maybe referring to the quick, multiple flashes you seen when you are behind someone and they brake? If so, that's an aftermarket upgrade some people do by installing a flasher module in their brake light. Personally, that annoys the sh%& out of me when I'm behind them in stop and go traffic

Yea, and totally unnecessary. We're not racing wheel to wheel in the rain or something.

This isn't true for all cars. Some cars don't need any aftermarket parts to make this happen. My 2012 VW Jetta Sportwagen had this feature built in. It wasn't enabled from the factory but with the Rosstech interface and a laptop this feature, along with many others, could be turned on.

This isn't true for all cars. Some cars don't need any aftermarket parts to make this happen. My 2012 VW Jetta Sportwagen had this feature built in. It wasn't enabled from the factory but with the Rosstech interface and a laptop this feature, along with many others, could be turned on.
Yes this feature mostly from factory and is enabled in many countries if local regulation allows.

Yeah I miss the way VW disables or enables many build-in features with some software such as Ross-tech. Wish Mazda can design a vehicle this way although Mazda does have some limited features which can be controlled by Mazda Connect.

Back