Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hazard signal lights

Registered Member

Mazda cx 5

Hazard signal lights

At what speed does hazard lights flash if the driver suddenly brakes? And do All cx 5 trims 2017 -2019 have this feature ? And any one had this hazard light came on while applying emergency brake?

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 GT

I've never heard of this.
    2018 Mazda CX-5 GT
    2016 Mazda CX-5 T -- sold
    2015 Yamaha FZ09 (Melisandre)
    2012 Yamaha R6 (Lucy) -- laid to rest
    2009 Mazda 3 (Fireball)
    1998 Chevy S-10 (Cindy)

Registered Member

2019 cx-5 signature. 2019 cx-3 awd touring

really hazard lights automatically flash when sudden braking?
    I just know the "BRAKE" info come up on the HUD if you're approaching a car too fast from behind.

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature; 2017 Mazda MX-5 RF/GT/LE

Hazard flashing upon sudden/hard braking is enabled in some markets ... but not the U.S.
    2019 Soul Red Crystal Metallic CX-5 Signature
    2017 Machine Gray Metallic MX-5 Miata RF/GT/MT Launch Edition
    2019 Racing Orange MX-5 Miata RF/MT 30th Anniversary Edition on order
    27 Mazdas since 1974

2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD titanium/black

Quote Originally Posted by MRV View Post
    At what speed does hazard lights flash if the driver suddenly brakes? And do All cx 5 trims 2017 -2019 have this feature ? And any one had this hazard light came on while applying emergency brake?
    The parking brake (it's NOT an emergency brake) cannot be applied while the vehicle is in motion.
    "Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Hazard signal lights

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad 16.5 View Post
    The parking brake (it's NOT an emergency brake) cannot be applied while the vehicle is in motion.
    Some people calling it parking brake as emergency brake is because you can use it to slow down the vehicle when the regular foot brake fails. And you certainly can apply parking brake, including newer electrical parking brake while the vehicle is in motion simply by holding the switch at the pull-up position.

ZOOOOOOOOOM ZOOOOOOOOOOOM mazdadude's Avatar

'16.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD, '05 PRIUS

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Some people calling it parking brake as emergency brake is because you can use it to slow down the vehicle when the regular foot brake fails. And you certainly can apply parking brake, including newer electrical parking brake while the vehicle is in motion simply by holding the switch at the pull-up position.
    Yep, electric parking brake works perfect while vehicle is moving, during which the ABS keeps rear wheels from locking up too.

Registered Member

Mazda cx 5

Please read my topic carefully, When you apply sudden brakes the right and left hazard signal lights flash automatically and rapidly.

Registered Member

2018 AWD GT Premium Red/Black

Quote Originally Posted by MRV View Post
    On my car the dealer installed an aftermarket device to cause the brake lights to rapidly flash when brakes are first applied.

They did this unbidden, and tried to charge me for it along with the paint protection film on the door handle cups and door edges. Of course I didn't pay for them.

Registered Member

cx5 gt +pp 2018

I have seen this in Europe but I dont know whether the usa models have this - enabling blinkers on a very hard stop.

On the other side, blinkers automatically start in case of a crash.

2019 CX-5 GT 184 2.2 diesel auto - Sonic Silver

The simple answer is 37 mph (60 kmh) but i*m not aware that it works with the EPB. The system looks at vehicle speed and deceleration (via a yaw sensor) to determine operation. It might work if it can develop enough deceleration for example if the emergency handbrake was used going up a steepish hill. The rate of flashes is 7 times in 2 seconds which is about as fast as you can get ordinary bulbs to flash clearly. There is a secondary mode that will start the normal hazard warning flashers if the speed drops below about 6 mph (10 kmh) after sudden deceleration.

The EPB (electric parking brake) can and should be used in an emergency. As mooted above, it has the added benefit on a CX5 of including ABS operation for maximum effectiveness.

Ive got pdf*s on both if anyone wants a detailed read.

I stand corrected. The one time that I tired to apply the parking brake while the car was moving didn't work. I didn't hold the switch in the up position though. I pulled it up for a moment and the indicator flashed at me but didn't apply the brake.

So by holding the switch up I can slide the ass end of my CX around in the snow?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Hazard signal lights

I stand corrected. The one time that I tired to apply the parking brake while the car was moving didn't work. I didn't hold the switch in the up position though. I pulled it up for a moment and the indicator flashed at me but didn't apply the brake.

So by holding the switch up I can slide the ass end of my CX around in the snow?
    Yeah you've to hold the EPB switch up and make it work while the vehicle is moving. I personally have never had a chance to use it this way, but it's what described in our owner's manual. I doubt these parking brakes would lock the rear wheels up and trigger the ABS though as the parking brake really has very minimum stopping power when the vehicle is moving.

2019 CX-5 GT 184 2.2 diesel auto - Sonic Silver

R
    I doubt these parking brakes would lock the rear wheels up and trigger the ABS though as the parking brake really has very minimum stopping power when the vehicle is moving.
    Not wishing to contradict but I think it will. I suppose there*s an easy way to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    R

Not wishing to contradict but I think it will. I suppose there*s an easy way to find out.
    Has I taken a drive yesterday I could have given this a try as we had 8" of snow here.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast