2016.5 suspension noise, dealer woes

Mazda itself came after the forum for posting the TSBs. I am guessing the site owner/admin wants to maintain a good relationship with them, but yeah it sucks majorly.

There you go. Hide all possible issues from the public so that we're blissfully unaware. Mazdas must be great cars! Just look, no TSBs are ever posted on a Mazda forum. Wow.

Yep. Dick move by Mazda in my opinion. Who's bright idea was it at Mazda to go to a forum of Mazda enthusiasts and screw it over? All I know is its yet another thing turning me off to them for future vehicle needs.

Yep. Dick move by Mazda in my opinion. Who's bright idea was it at Mazda to go to a forum of Mazda enthusiasts and screw it over? All I know is its yet another thing turning me off to them for future vehicle needs.

I agree 100%! Just something else to factor in the next time I'm in the market for a new vehicle. Transparency. Mazda must be taking a page from the playbook of our POTUS.

Mazda itself came after the forum for posting the TSBs. I am guessing the site owner/admin wants to maintain a good relationship with them, but yeah it sucks majorly.

Too funny...we don't need our dirty laundry aired...

Where do you see TSBs at this site? I see complaints, I see recalls, no TSBs.

The same section where it shows that on a vehicles page you'll see something called manufacturer communications. Click on that, then the specific area you are having an issue (suspension, electrical, etc), then click the plus next to each date to expand that TSB, and if you want to see the PDF click on the associate document drop down.

The same section where it shows that on a vehicles page you'll see something called manufacturer communications. Click on that, then the specific area you are having an issue (suspension, electrical, etc), then click the plus next to each date to expand that TSB, and if you want to see the PDF click on the associate document drop down.

I never knew that! Lotsa good stuff in there.

There should be a sticky: FREE MAZDA TSBs, and then the link to NHTSA....

There were several TSBs on suspension noise but we*re not allowed to post them. I think the most obvious one for that noise is the lower arm front bush which is known to creak/groan. It has been modified with a new one. Part number TK48-34-470A

I think I have that on mine but it will have to get a lot worse before I get it fixed. I notice it goes away when suspension gets wet from rain.

UPDATE: finally picked up my car TODAY. Problem solved (thanks to google, not dealership).

After installing some sort of insulators, ripping apart the cowl, replacing struts... still no improvement. So I googled to death and found a description that ticked all the boxes to a T (see below). One new engine mount #4 later... voila, no more noise. Finally. At least I got some new free struts out of the ordeal. Hope this saves someone some hassle!

NHTSA ID Number: 10099442

Manufacturer Communication Number: SA-039-17

Summary

SOME CUSTOMERS MAY COMPLAIN OF A CREAKING NOISE WHEN DRIVING THROUGH A DIP OR BUMP IN THE ROAD WHILE ACCELERATING. THIS OCCURS WHEN THE VEHICLE IS COLD AND CANNOT BE DUPLICATED ONCE THE VEHICLE IS AT NORMAL OPERATING TEMPERATURE. THE CREAKING NOISE MAY BE CAUSED BY THE #4 ENGINE MOUNT. THE NOISE CAN EASILY BE MISTAKEN FOR SUSPENSION RELATED COMPONENTS AND IS VERY DIFFICULT TO DIAGNOSE.

https://mazda.oemdtc.com/1279/creak...g-through-a-dip-or-over-bumps-2016-mazda-cx-5

thanks for the update, did they give you a part number of the mount they changed? not sure which one is #4

Sill-Terhar. They were really pleasant to work with but... yeah. I'm 100% confident my car wouldn't have been fixed without my googling. Replacing struts was the final solution (of many) they came up with.

Interesting, the invoice says they replaced the motor mount #4, but there was no parts charge for it. The only parts they charged for were a Strut and 2 coil protectors. I can only find 3 mounts. Transmission mount (#3), rear mount (#2) and right side mount (#1).

Back