Thread: Mazda CX9 suspension upgrade

Registered Member

2017 Mazda CX-9

Mazda CX9 suspension upgrade

Im looking to upgrade my suspension after replacing my standard 20 wheels to 22 wheels. Recently i browse through TEIN suspension japan website and they carry CX8 coilover. Since CX8 and CX9 share the same platform and has the same suspension structured, any ideas that it may or may not fit to CX9?

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

I would try to contact Tein directly to see if the CX-8 suspension is compatible. My guess is that it should fit, but who knows what is really different in the suspension of the CX-8 and CX-9.

I would give it a shot myself, but the CX-8 isn't sold here, so if I bought it and it didn't fit, I'd be stuck with them.

*EDIT: I also noticed that it's only available for the FWD CX-8, no option for AWD.

Registered Member

I want to do the same, so please update us as to whether or not they are compatible. Thanks!

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

I was curious, so I emailed Tein myself after I posted. I got a response saying that they do not offer any products for the AWD or FWD 2016+ CX-9, so based on that, the "official" answer is that the CX-8's coilovers wouldn't fit. I think that they might, but I'm not willing to bet the cost of a set of coilovers to see if I'm right, lol. They did say that they could custom build an "entry level ride height adjustable kit" for $1500, and the price would go up for additional features, with manufacturing lead times of 3-4 months.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.