2016~2023 Mazda CX9 suspension upgrade

:
2017 Mazda CX-9
Im looking to upgrade my suspension after replacing my standard 20 wheels to 22 wheels. Recently i browse through TEIN suspension japan website and they carry CX8 coilover. Since CX8 and CX9 share the same platform and has the same suspension structured, any ideas that it may or may not fit to CX9?

I would try to contact Tein directly to see if the CX-8 suspension is compatible. My guess is that it should fit, but who knows what is really different in the suspension of the CX-8 and CX-9.

I would give it a shot myself, but the CX-8 isn't sold here, so if I bought it and it didn't fit, I'd be stuck with them.

*EDIT: I also noticed that it's only available for the FWD CX-8, no option for AWD.

Last edited:
I was curious, so I emailed Tein myself after I posted. I got a response saying that they do not offer any products for the AWD or FWD 2016+ CX-9, so based on that, the "official" answer is that the CX-8's coilovers wouldn't fit. I think that they might, but I'm not willing to bet the cost of a set of coilovers to see if I'm right, lol. They did say that they could custom build an "entry level ride height adjustable kit" for $1500, and the price would go up for additional features, with manufacturing lead times of 3-4 months.

I was curious, so I emailed Tein myself after I posted. I got a response saying that they do not offer any products for the AWD or FWD 2016+ CX-9, so based on that, the "official" answer is that the CX-8's coilovers wouldn't fit. I think that they might, but I'm not willing to bet the cost of a set of coilovers to see if I'm right, lol. They did say that they could custom build an "entry level ride height adjustable kit" for $1500, and the price would go up for additional features, with manufacturing lead times of 3-4 months.

Yup... got the same reply from tein... currently they don*t have any plans to produce suspension kits for CX9... however, there is this brand called CEIKA... they are taiwanese brand and they do carry adjustable kit for CX9... and they also offer custom damping and ride quality... does anyone has any experiences with this brand?

Back