Rain light sensor issues on 2007 CX9

tomscx9

Hello folks.
I recently had my windshield replaced on my 2007 CX9 and the installer realized the rain sensor had been glued on. After removal and the new windshield was installed I ordered a used sensor on Ebay. I cannot get the sensor to work and I believe it incorporates the light sensor for the auto headlights as well. Soooo, does anyone know once I install the sensor is there a "programming" thing I need to do to get it to work? I have a new sensor on order and I was able to clean up the original one so that it did mount up, I just cant get the wipers to sense it or the headlights to work on auto.

Tomscx9, welcome to the forum!
If you had it replaced under an insurance claim, you need to contact your auto insurer to fix that.
Replacement windshields whether oem or aftermarket should include the rain sensor already affixed to the glass.
I can speak first hand to this on my 08 CX-9. Had something melt into the glass during 4th of July and they put an aftermarket windshield in which was horrible and they had to dig it back out and put an oem windshield in, but both came with rain sensors already installed.
--
If you just did this out of pocket, I'd be interested to know what you bought and why it didn't come with a rain sensor already on it? If you bought a new aftermarket windshield from a glass company, they owe to sort that issue out.
--
There is a calibration procedure for the rain sensor, but that is just to get it sensing correctly. It should work right out of the gate but may not be that accurate until you calibrate it. But if it doesn't work at all...that's another issue. Sorry to hear it.
--
The auto lights should sense from the day/night sensor on the dashboard and not the windshield, but I could be mistaken.
It sounds like you got the wrong windshield. If you have an 07 with rain sensing that means that it is a Grand Touring like mine and has the acoustic layered glass with rain sensing.

Let us know what happens!

Back