Looks like I'll be moving on.

MikeHTally

:
2008.5 Speed3, 2006 Chrysler 300C, 2003 Ram 1500
It's been fun, entertaining and informational, but I've decided to find the Speed a new home. I bought a '15 Mustang Eco-Boost convertible last month. My wife's decided to trade her '06 300C on a RAV-4, so I'm kicking in my Speed to ease her pain, reduce the insurance bill and clear out the driveway. I fully expected to keep the Mazda longer, but it just isn't practical to have five cars. Eleven years ain't a bad run, I guess. It'll leave with only 62,000 miles and more than a few smiles.

The deal we've been offered is too good to pass up. Way more for the trades than I'd hoped, almost as much for the Speed as I was going to sell it, and nearly double the trade value of the C.

You folks stay safe, "shiny side up and greasy side down", as they say.

Attachments

• Mustang Avatar 4.jpg
    Mustang Avatar 4.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 406
  • 20190316_164046_resized.jpg
    20190316_164046_resized.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 401
It's been fun, entertaining and informational, but I've decided to find the Speed a new home. I bought a '15 Mustang Eco-Boost convertible last month. My wife's decided to trade her '06 300C on a RAV-4, so I'm kicking in my Speed to ease her pain, reduce the insurance bill and clear out the driveway. I fully expected to keep the Mazda longer, but it just isn't practical to have five cars. Eleven years ain't a bad run, I guess. It'll leave with only 62,000 miles and more than a few smiles.

The deal we've been offered is too good to pass up. Way more for the trades than I'd hoped, almost as much for the Speed as I was going to sell it, and nearly double the trade value of the C.

You folks stay safe, "shiny side up and greasy side down", as they say.

Before buying a Mustang, did you consider a Miata ?
Before your wife bought a Rav 4, did she consider a CX-5?

Last edited:
I tried on a Miata several times, they're too small and just not practical. It's a 38 short in a 44 long world. The Mustang's quicker and rides better; it has a trunk.

Compared to the Speed, the Mustang's a real car (the back wheels push, the front wheels steer and the motor faces the radiator (wink)) What's cool is the engines are so similar. The Mustang is 310 hp, 320 ft/lbs and the torque curve is flatter. My B-2300 filters will see proper use.

I pushed the CX-5 and the Eco-Boost Escape, but she's wanted a RAV since before we bought the C. The Escape would be happiest with 93, she's been buying 89 for 13 years @ ~17 mpg. Now it'll be 87 and 25 mpg. She's gonna have to get used to not having warp drive anymore.

I just hope I fit behind the wheel. That's the reason we didn't buy the RAV back in '06: My knees were against the dash with the seat all the way back.

I'll miss the Speed. I won't miss rowing to work. My wife hates the way it rides. A round trip to Baton Rouge convinced her of that. She's not ridden in it since except for the rare errand.

I tried on a Miata several times, they're too small and just not practical. It's a 38 short in a 44 long world. The Mustang's quicker and rides better; it has a trunk.

Compared to the Speed, the Mustang's a real car (the back wheels push, the front wheels steer and the motor faces the radiator (wink)) What's cool is the engines are so similar. The Mustang is 310 hp, 320 ft/lbs and the torque curve is flatter. My B-2300 filters will see proper use.

I pushed the CX-5 and the Eco-Boost Escape, but she's wanted a RAV since before we bought the C. The Escape would be happiest with 93, she's been buying 89 for 13 years @ ~17 mpg. Now it'll be 87 and 25 mpg. She's gonna have to get used to not having warp drive anymore.

I just hope I fit behind the wheel. That's the reason we didn't buy the RAV back in '06: My knees were against the dash with the seat all the way back.

I'll miss the Speed. I won't miss rowing to work. My wife hates the way it rides. A round trip to Baton Rouge convinced her of that. She's not ridden in it since except for the rare errand.

Driving a Miata is great fun.
For a compact SUV, I test drove several brands/models including Honda CRV, Nissan Rogue, Kia Sportage, Rav 4, Jeep etc... and most enjoyed the drive of the CX-5.
To each his (or her) own, best wishes to you with the Mustang and Rav 4.

Back