What fluid for PS? 2013 M5

:
mazda
I checked the Power steering fluid level
PS seems down - I can not see it

What fluid should I use - where do I get it from?
Rock auto doesn't have any listed.

Lots of choices, thankfully. Mazda Genuine ATF M-III or M-V is what you'll see listed first in your OM most likely. But aftermarket products like Valvoline MaxLife multi-vehicle ATF (red bottle), Castrol Transmax multi-vehicle ATF (black bottle) and others will be fine in your P/S system. So if you changed ATF in your tranny recently (assuming your 5 has A/T), you hopefully have some left - can use that as PSF.

Lots of choices, thankfully. Mazda Genuine ATF M-III or M-V is what you'll see listed first in your OM most likely. But aftermarket products like Valvoline MaxLife multi-vehicle ATF (red bottle), Castrol Transmax multi-vehicle ATF (black bottle) and others will be fine in your P/S system. So if you changed ATF in your tranny recently (assuming your 5 has A/T), you hopefully have some left - can use that as PSF.
I did the Tranny Flush at the dealer soon after I bought it a year ago - they flushed it twice as it was very dark in color.

Dealer and OReilly (MaxLife multi-vehicle ATF (red bottle)) have them for the same price.
Is one better - I only need to buy a quart?

Oops...deleted my own post. Sorry, user error.

One quart is more than enough if you're just topping off. To flush and get to nice clean fluid, you'll probably need a little more than a quart.

Oops...deleted my own post. Sorry, user error.

One quart is more than enough if you're just topping off. To flush and get to nice clean fluid, you'll probably need a little more than a quart.

Mazda Genuine ATF M-III or MaxLife multi-vehicle ATF is better (same price though)?

Last edited:
I really don't think it will make any difference. Either way, it's within spec. I thought that aftermarket would be cheaper. I guess it's just one bottle, not a big deal.

Back