Advice on Mazda CX-9 front grill.

Streamatic

:
Signature
Im staying in Singapore and received my latest 2019 CX-9 just few days back and having doubts what Im getting.

Its highest end specs I bought - AWD, Napa leather, and the works. However I started notice concern -

For a start the logo of CX-9. I believe its supposed comes with come sort of glass cover but mine doesnt. So Im not sure is that normal? Took a picture comparison having mine below pic.

36f6eb2a15b58101460b9b27f9393298.jpg

Secondly, I dont seem to have the glowing U shape lighting as well. Not sure do I need to activate it or its default once switch on the headlight.

11d69f87aecbdcdd620348982a069ca3.jpg

Appreciate advice here.

I*m staying in Singapore and received my latest 2019 CX-9 just few days back and having doubts what I*m getting.

It*s highest end specs I bought - AWD, Napa leather, and the works. However I started notice concern -

For a start the logo of CX-9. I believe it*s supposed comes with come sort of glass cover but mine doesn*t. So I*m not sure is that normal? Took a picture comparison having mine below pic.

36f6eb2a15b58101460b9b27f9393298.jpg

Secondly, I don*t seem to have the glowing *U* shape lighting as well. Not sure do I need to activate it or it*s default once switch on the headlight.

11d69f87aecbdcdd620348982a069ca3.jpg

Appreciate advice here.

The glass appearing or 3D Mazda logo with the LED lighting on grille is usually found in the Signature trim...not sure what trim you got...the GT/GS trim would come with the Mazda 3D logo though if equipped with the I-activ safety sense...that type of logo is actually the front radar sensor used for FOW, DRSS, adaptive cruise, AEB/collision avoidance etc paired with the front camera (located in front of the rear view mirror)

Ironically here we dont call it Signature trim. They break it down to 3 models namely into;

- Luxury 2 wheel drive
- Luxury AWD
- Super Luxury AWD (comes with Napa leather, frameless rear mirror, wooden trim, 7 inches TFT center, etc)

Specs details:
https://www.mazda.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Mazda-CX-9_Specification.PDF

Im meeting the Mazda sales rep soon. This getting kinda disappointed not seeing what was shown to me in their showroom.

As people mentioned, the logo houses the radar sensor. Do you have that adaptive cruise control? The glowing U light is almost impossible to see except at night and even then is not impressive.

I'm going to guess that your version does not have the i-active sense stuff like auto cruise control/full stop and the other things that come with that. If you got the equivalent to our Signature trim then those features may not be legal there. Don't know.

SG market does not have the Adaptive Cruise as per the website.

So Smart City Brake support uses the Windshield camera...
360 view uses the windshield cam as well?

I'm going to guess that your version does not have the i-active sense stuff like auto cruise control/full stop and the other things that come with that. If you got the equivalent to our Signature trim then those features may not be legal there. Don't know.

Good call. 274hp has an answer that explains this.

I have 360 camera and the front camera is located right below the front grill logo.

Cruise control in concluded in my package. During my test drive in Dec 2018, I was instructed test the feature of releasing the brake - the car glide forward and auto brake function kicks in. Plus the rest of security features lane departure, etc.

Im not sure whether am I being sort change from the Mazda dealer when actual unit I received.

You reckon my model lack of the I-Active?
Appreciate advice and insight.

295ed2499064458edaaa3c1d469bca64.jpg

a988f8eef4aa4eee3492651d8b395116.jpg

Back