PCB's Unbuild Thread

I just found this...

The website only sells it by the case of 6 and shipping aerosols is expensive.

I might try to find it at a local hardware store if I ever feel reinspired to spend half a day sanding again. lol

Here's what I used.

afe99697-ec21-45ab-8a7e-63cbb1f5adde

From 323's thread...

I remember someone here on the forum mentioned Syl Glide to use on the caliper pins and he said it lasts for years instead of months.

I did some research and it seems like really good stuff but it's expensive and I can't seem to find it in a cartridge for a grease gun.
It might be ~$50 for a cartridge if it's available.

You could maybe pack some into a grease gun by hand ?

PS.. I found out that you aren't supposed to use silicone based lubricants with silicone based rubber or oil based grease with oil based rubber which I guess makes sense.

lol you went into extensive research. appreciate it. and yeah i use sil glyde for my brake hardware and wont use anything else. ive tried some other brake or caliper grease but that required me to relube every 6 months or so. wasn't about that life

I finally bought some Sil Glyde.

$37 including tax and shipping.

im a fan. previous "caliper grease" i used had me lubing my slider pins every 4 months.

PS: It didn't cross my mind to take a full picture, but here's an angled picture of my car post hand washing today:

8e1xGyW.jpg

I don't think I'll ever go to an automated car wash ever again! It was a lot of fun to do it by hand, and the results blew me away.

I thought I'd take a cue from Riot's thread, wash my car and take a picture.

It was time for it's yearly wash anyway.

It doesn't look too bad if you leave the tumours out of the picture.

It was time for a wash.

I could've got ticket for obstruction of view.

Fricken birds !

Dude I feel you with the birds, i got a bigass branch hanging over my parking spot and for some reason that's the branch all the birds sit on. I get a nice mix of poop, sap, and pollen in the spring, fall I get some sticky leaves. I'm about ready to pull the saw out and tell the land lady it fell haha

I live in a rough neighborhood with roving gangs of adolescent birds that seek out shiny freshly washed cars for to poop on.

You can hear the lttile bastards laughing while they do it ! lol

Slingshots are always fun, might get a broken window or 2 but fun. I'll see if I can dig it out last I checked it was in the spare bedroom

On the other hand,..
Mailing a fire arm (pellet or otherwise) across an international border may not be good idea ??

I'll just go buy one of these.

Yea that might not be the best idea, red riders are great though. It won't always kill the crows but they still don't like getting hit haha

Back