Dead Pedal / Sport Pedals

cali-cx-5

:
2019 CX-5 Grand Touring Reserve
Has anyone had experience with aftermarket pedals?

I have seen some posts, the break seems easy as it is a cap, the accelerator seems to slide on and the dead pedal/ foot rest seems to be taped to the carpet.

I am curious:
1. Does tape really hold to the carpet or is there an aftermarket additional tape that is recommended?
2. Do accellerator covers usually slip on from the top and are there concerns about that getting in the way?

I am looking at this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For...celerator-Oil-footrest-Pedal/32853247559.html

Just got a new 2019 CX-5 GTR and am excited to make some minor tweaks.

Any insights would be appreciated.

S

I have a 2018 CX-9 and I believe the pedal covers are the same (at least they look very, very similar). I replaced mine with a similar style of pedal cover. I installed mine back in June and have had no issues with the brake pedal or the accelerator. The cover on the accelerator doesn't get in the way of anything and hasn't moved since I slid it on. Extra double sided tape on the dead pedal wouldn't hurt, but I have no idea if it's needed because I never installed mine (Canadian "premium" mats cover the dead pedal, so no need to install).

I have the same set except mine says Mazda Speed on them. That pricing is slightly cheaper with aliexpress anniversary sale.

The dead pedal has been secure using the double sided tape. The accelerator pedal fits snug and hasnt been an issue. Just be sure to remove the stock black rubber brake cover when you install the brake pedal.

Enjoy the first mod!

Has anyone had experience with aftermarket pedals?

I have seen some posts, the break seems easy as it is a cap, the accelerator seems to slide on and the dead pedal/ foot rest seems to be taped to the carpet.

I am curious:
1. Does tape really hold to the carpet or is there an aftermarket additional tape that is recommended?
2. Do accellerator covers usually slip on from the top and are there concerns about that getting in the way?

I am looking at this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For...celerator-Oil-footrest-Pedal/32853247559.html

Just got a new 2019 CX-5 GTR and am excited to make some minor tweaks.

Any insights would be appreciated.

S

I have had my pedals installed for almost a year with no problems.

However, I did opt to add 4 screws to the dead pedal for a little extra security.

Just go with the double sided tape and if it begins to fail, you can always do what I did. But I think it will be okay with just the tape.

A6NJGR8.jpg

ctlDJih.jpg

I have the same set except mine says Mazda Speed on them. That pricing is slightly cheaper with aliexpress anniversary sale.

The dead pedal has been secure using the double sided tape. The accelerator pedal fits snug and hasn*t been an issue. Just be sure to remove the stock black rubber brake cover when you install the brake pedal.

Enjoy the first mod!

The same as Aces72Aces here except I used a eBay vendor for mine.
They fit/look/work as well as the "genuine" accessory pedals I had installed on my former '17 CX-5 GT at a fraction of the price.

I have the OEM dead pedal and acelerator pedals for sale that i removed from my previous Mazda,
the only part that needs to be bought is the brake cover because that's not compatible with the newer brakes.
Part# BHN1-V9-095 (foot rest)
Part# BHN2-V9-091A (Acelerator)

If interested let me know, I love these pedals!

pedals 247.jpg

I have added the OEM pedals to all my mazdas... many years on some, no issues. After comparing the OEM to aftermarket, I will stick with OEM.

I added the OEM dead pedal to my dad's CX-5 because the carpet there was starting to wear. I think it's kinda cheesy that Mazda didn't put a vinyl or plastic pad over the dead pedal to begin with.

The aluminum one from Mazda is nice though. Eventually I'll get the accelerator and brake pedals too.

Bought the $25 Amazon gas/brake pedal covers without any logo and installed yesterday. Was slightly surprised at the better than expected quality level for the cost, but that's what the existing owners here have been saying. I also prefer the rubber stripes versus the dots design the OEM version has. The brake pedal's left side flange (to help get it installed) sticks out a bit too far for my tastes, but not gonna complain too much. I tried reinstalling it three times to see if I hadn't installed it correctly and that it would angle more backwards, but nope. I even took photos from behind to ensure the cover was installed correctly, and it is. Thinking about just cutting off that flange (mildly worried my foot may catch on it and pull the cover off), but knowing my luck, I'll need to reinstall the cover at some point and will have issues with the one flange removed.

Last edited:
Oem is just too overpriced for what you get. Chinese replicas are good in this case. even if the chinese wear out in 2 yrs it would still be cheaper.
Its some covers at the end of the day not a house or laptop :)

What's wrong with after market in your opinion as compared to OEM?

Many of the Aftermarket were trying to hard to add a logo, so I didn't care for that. Especially a speed logo in a non-speed car. But the OEM are just made better. The gas and dead pedal attach with screws, the metal is nice and thick, and the circle pattern on the pedals is uniform. Yes, they are expensive, but they fit correctly, will never slide or come off, and will never wear out. Personally i think they look nicer, and they grip your shoes when they are supposed too.

And at a glance i can spot the difference between OEM and aftermarket. Some aftermarket stuff is junk, and I don't want to replace it every 2 years.

yes and you have to cut your carpet to attach the foot rest.. thats unacceptable for oem to me :)
some of mazdas oem accessories require modifications to the car. To me its a shame they dont offer it out of the box in the higher trims.

Many of the Aftermarket were trying to hard to add a logo, so I didn't care for that. Especially a speed logo in a non-speed car. But the OEM are just made better. The gas and dead pedal attach with screws, the metal is nice and thick, and the circle pattern on the pedals is uniform. Yes, they are expensive, but they fit correctly, will never slide or come off, and will never wear out. Personally i think they look nicer, and they grip your shoes when they are supposed too.

And at a glance i can spot the difference between OEM and aftermarket. Some aftermarket stuff is junk, and I don't want to replace it every 2 years.

You must be awfully hard on your vehicles if you think you can wear them out in 2 years. Especially the after-market ones many of us have gotten.

They are cast aluminum with plenty of rubber non-slip material inserted in them. Also, there is no way they will come off unintentionally.

But, I am glad, as I am sure most of us are, that you prefer the OEM pedals. The more money that gets put into circulation, the better the economy. :)

Back