How can I figure out the parts that I need?

Hello,

I have a highly abused 2016 CX-5 which I need to order parts for. How can I figure out what to order? Is there a parts diagram for all part of the car I can refer to with part numbers? As an example the arm rest latch no longer latches. How do I figure out how to buy a new latch for it? I also need the plastic parts that go over the fender openings and the ones that go down the lower side of the car. The list goes on.

Help!

Not specifically endorsing this provider, but there are several options out there that list schematic diagrams from which you can obtain the part #'s. Here is one example:

https://www.onlinemazdaparts.com/Mazda_2016_CX-5.html

Sometimes it isn't obvious where a particular part may fall (category-wise), and you have to be sure you are getting the version specific to your trimline where parts might differ. A lot of patience might be required depending on what exactly you require in terms of the hunt & search required. If you have a very friendly local dealer parts department, they may be willing to look up and provide the part #s to you, but if you aren't going to buy from them, that might be met with some resistance or if the list is extensive.

Also, just a possibly helpful hint from my own experience: once you know the part # involved, check eBay before purchasing directly from a parts/dealer provider. I've found certain dealers will sell on eBay for somewhat less than what they charge for directly on their independent websites, but you also have to compare shipping costs there.

Thank you very much. Super helpful.

On a related note is there any way for me to learn how to take apart and put back the middle console in the car? I am scared of just unscrewing whatever bolts I see but perhaps that is the way. Thanks!

As an example the arm rest latch no longer latches. How do I figure out how to buy a new latch for it?

Expect to replace this once or twice a year for the entire time you own the car. This armrest latch is a known issue and I had to replace mine 3 times during the 2 years I owned it. Amazon and AutoAnything are two sites I usually check first for repair/replacement parts. Good luck!

Expect to replace this once or twice a year for the entire time you own the car. This armrest latch is a known issue and I had to replace mine 3 times during the 2 years I owned it. Amazon and AutoAnything are two sites I usually check first for repair/replacement parts. Good luck!

Very odd. Used mine a lot. 106K miles. 4 years of ownership. Bought it as a used rental. No issues.

Back