2013~2016 Bluetooth / USB module - lengthy post, sorry!

:
Mazda CX-5 Sport Nav auto 175
Hi guys, I have a 2012 CX-5 175 AWD auto, fantastic car. But the audio drives me nuts. Bluetooth has lost shuffle etc. settings from the screen, whilst USB takes ages to load, every time I switch on, and randomly reverts to track 1. These are known issues, and TSB SB09-008-15 covered this with a replacement module, in 2015.

I have reset by removing the fuses for a time, makes no difference. Nor does using a different USB device.

I understand that the revised s/w needs to be Rev 7.00.000 or later.Oddly the S/W Rev. on my module is 8.00.000, although the module is dated 2012. Most modules I have seen of that date are 6.03.000.

Mazda UK will not provide goodwill for me and want 700 ($900) to replace the module, even though it's a design fault, and my car has full dealer history.

The module in my car is p/no KD47-66-DH0A, whereas the new part is GJR9-66-DH0Z. What's the difference between KD47 and GJR9? I know the A and Z suffix determines the relative age.

What do I do? I'm happy to buy a used module from a breaker, but what part number is the earliest updated one - and why is my S/W version so high up on an old module? Are modules from Mazda 6 or 3 models the same?

Is there any other way of bringing Mazda to book on this, and getting them to give goodwill?

Sorry if this is boring, hopefully somebody out there is more expert than me on this topic.

I really don't think there's any chance of Mazda doing anything, nor are they really obliged to do so, on a vehicle 7+ model years old now.

Back