Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody have the OEM illuminated door sills on their 2019 CX-9?

Registered Member

CX9

Anybody have the OEM illuminated door sills on their 2019 CX-9?

I've searched the forum a couple of times looking for this topic without success. I'm curious about the factory illuminated door sills but the Mazda website doesn't have a photo of them or any details other than the price. My dealer parts guy was unable to find anything using his resources either- he wasn't even clear if they could be ordered, they didn't appear to be in stock. I think the plastic sills on the CX-9 are sort of low end for such a nice vehicle and maybe the GT and Signature at least would have something aluminum to match the other trim in the cabin. My last two cars had them and they're a nice touch even though they don't get seen very often.

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by 11E20 View Post
    I've searched the forum a couple of times looking for this topic without success. I'm curious about the factory illuminated door sills but the Mazda website doesn't have a photo of them or any details other than the price. My dealer parts guy was unable to find anything using his resources either- he wasn't even clear if they could be ordered, they didn't appear to be in stock. I think the plastic sills on the CX-9 are sort of low end for such a nice vehicle and maybe the GT and Signature at least would have something aluminum to match the other trim in the cabin. My last two cars had them and they're a nice touch even though they don't get seen very often.
    I wish I could see pics installed of the actual product as well. My previous car had illuminated door sills and like you said, they're a nice touch that I would appreciate.

Registered Member

2018 CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by 11E20 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    I wish I could see pics installed of the actual product as well. My previous car had illuminated door sills and like you said, they're a nice touch that I would appreciate.
    Here is a picture of mine. They add a really nice touch to the signature. They automatically turn off after about 30 seconds or so.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

That looks very nice. I assume those are the stock ones?
    2014 Silver Mazda CX-5 GT
    2017 Eternal Blue Mazda 3 Touring
    2018 Machine Grey Mazda CX-9 Signature

Registered Member

2018 CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    That looks very nice. I assume those are the stock ones?
    I*m pretty sure they are the factory option and not stock. I watched a couple 2018 signature review videos and did not see them.

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by jefabian View Post
    Here is a picture of mine. They add a really nice touch to the signature. They automatically turn off after about 30 seconds or so.

They look great. You're in the U.S. market?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2019 CX-9 Sig

these are battery powered, correct?

how long does the battery last(especially in cold climate)? Coin cells are terrible in cold weather.

https://sep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/yhst-248...A0G-V1-370.pdf

It would be nice if there was a clean way to wire these.

edit. $500 for a set of battery powered door sills seems bit excessive
    Last edited by sirmium; 04-01-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Registered Member

2018 CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by sirmium View Post
    these are battery powered, correct?

how long does the battery last(especially in cold climate)? Coin cells are terrible in cold weather.

https://sep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/yhst-248...A0G-V1-370.pdf

It would be nice if there was a clean way to wire these.

edit. $500 for a set of battery powered door sills seems bit excessive
    I have no idea how long they last. Im pretty sure they are the original battery and the car is probably about a year old. I agree 500 sounds like a lot and Id have a hard time forking that over for some door sills after I purchased the car as Id rather put it towards wheels. Thankfully they already came with the car along with the roof rails when I bought the car used with 4500 miles.

Registered Member

2018 CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    They look great. You're in the U.S. market?
    Yes Im in the US. Thank you.

Registered Member

CX9

Thanks for sharing jefabian. I'm really surprised that for $549 that they're battery powered and not hard wired into the car. As I mentioned when I posted this question my dealer parts guy had very little information in his system, no photo, and he said it looked like they couldn't even be ordered for the dealer to install them. I did find another thread on the forum and it looks like in Australia you can get these (https://www.mazda.com.au/accessory/TC11ACSCU) non-illuminated 'scuff plates' for $196.97 USD (today's exchange rate) over there. I think they look nice and wonder why they're not offered in the North American market?

2012 CX-9 GT AWD, Copper Red/Sand

Quote Originally Posted by jefabian View Post
    I*m pretty sure they are the factory option and not stock. I watched a couple 2018 signature review videos and did not see them.
    There are no factory options for the Signature. They could be a dealer or port installed accessory.

2019 Mazda CX-9 Signature

I would really appreciate if someone can provide me with the part number of the illuminated plates for the CX-9

My local dealer said they can order one from Mazda Japan, but I need to provide the part number

Registered Member

2018 CX9 Sig

Quote Originally Posted by mbushnaq00 View Post
    I would really appreciate if someone can provide me with the part number of the illuminated plates for the CX-9

My local dealer said they can order one from Mazda Japan, but I need to provide the part number
    Found them here: https://www.mazdaswag.com/oem-parts/...gaAl5vEALw_wcB

Hope this helps.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by mbushnaq00 View Post

The Mazda part number is TK78-V1-370.

From the Mazda USA website at http://accessories.mazdausa.com/weba...Name=2019+CX-9

2019 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Azeke View Post
    Found them here: https://www.mazdaswag.com/oem-parts/...gaAl5vEALw_wcB

Hope this helps.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Quote Originally Posted by CobraSJP View Post
    The Mazda part number is TK78-V1-370.

From the Mazda USA website at http://accessories.mazdausa.com/weba...Name=2019+CX-9
    Thanks a lot for the quick responses

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast