Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Anybody have the OEM illuminated door sills on their 2019 CX-9?

  1. #1
    Registered Member

    CX9

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    25

    Anybody have the OEM illuminated door sills on their 2019 CX-9?

    I've searched the forum a couple of times looking for this topic without success. I'm curious about the factory illuminated door sills but the Mazda website doesn't have a photo of them or any details other than the price. My dealer parts guy was unable to find anything using his resources either- he wasn't even clear if they could be ordered, they didn't appear to be in stock. I think the plastic sills on the CX-9 are sort of low end for such a nice vehicle and maybe the GT and Signature at least would have something aluminum to match the other trim in the cabin. My last two cars had them and they're a nice touch even though they don't get seen very often.

  2. #2
    Work in Progress sm1ke's Avatar
    Donated: $25

    2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    MB, Canada
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by 11E20 View Post
    I've searched the forum a couple of times looking for this topic without success. I'm curious about the factory illuminated door sills but the Mazda website doesn't have a photo of them or any details other than the price. My dealer parts guy was unable to find anything using his resources either- he wasn't even clear if they could be ordered, they didn't appear to be in stock. I think the plastic sills on the CX-9 are sort of low end for such a nice vehicle and maybe the GT and Signature at least would have something aluminum to match the other trim in the cabin. My last two cars had them and they're a nice touch even though they don't get seen very often.
    I wish I could see pics installed of the actual product as well. My previous car had illuminated door sills and like you said, they're a nice touch that I would appreciate.

  3. #3
    Registered Member

    2018 CX-9 Signature

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by 11E20 View Post
    I've searched the forum a couple of times looking for this topic without success. I'm curious about the factory illuminated door sills but the Mazda website doesn't have a photo of them or any details other than the price. My dealer parts guy was unable to find anything using his resources either- he wasn't even clear if they could be ordered, they didn't appear to be in stock. I think the plastic sills on the CX-9 are sort of low end for such a nice vehicle and maybe the GT and Signature at least would have something aluminum to match the other trim in the cabin. My last two cars had them and they're a nice touch even though they don't get seen very often.
    Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    I wish I could see pics installed of the actual product as well. My previous car had illuminated door sills and like you said, they're a nice touch that I would appreciate.
    Here is a picture of mine. They add a really nice touch to the signature. They automatically turn off after about 30 seconds or so.


  4. #4
    Registered Member

    2014 CX-5 GT

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Posts
    1,986
    That looks very nice. I assume those are the stock ones?
    2014 Silver Mazda CX-5 GT
    2017 Eternal Blue Mazda 3 Touring
    2018 Machine Grey Mazda CX-9 Signature



  5. #5
    Registered Member

    2018 CX-9 Signature

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    That looks very nice. I assume those are the stock ones?
    I*m pretty sure they are the factory option and not stock. I watched a couple 2018 signature review videos and did not see them.

  6. #6
    Work in Progress sm1ke's Avatar
    Donated: $25

    2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    MB, Canada
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by jefabian View Post
    Here is a picture of mine. They add a really nice touch to the signature. They automatically turn off after about 30 seconds or so.

    They look great. You're in the U.S. market?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  7. #7
    Registered Member

    2019 CX-9 Sig

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Motor City
    Posts
    10
    these are battery powered, correct?

    how long does the battery last(especially in cold climate)? Coin cells are terrible in cold weather.

    https://sep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/yhst-248...A0G-V1-370.pdf

    It would be nice if there was a clean way to wire these.

    edit. $500 for a set of battery powered door sills seems bit excessive
    Last edited by sirmium; 04-01-2019 at 03:15 PM.

  8. #8
    Registered Member

    2018 CX-9 Signature

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by sirmium View Post
    these are battery powered, correct?

    how long does the battery last(especially in cold climate)? Coin cells are terrible in cold weather.

    https://sep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/yhst-248...A0G-V1-370.pdf

    It would be nice if there was a clean way to wire these.

    edit. $500 for a set of battery powered door sills seems bit excessive
    I have no idea how long they last. Im pretty sure they are the original battery and the car is probably about a year old. I agree 500 sounds like a lot and Id have a hard time forking that over for some door sills after I purchased the car as Id rather put it towards wheels. Thankfully they already came with the car along with the roof rails when I bought the car used with 4500 miles.

  9. #9
    Registered Member

    2018 CX-9 Signature

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    They look great. You're in the U.S. market?
    Yes Im in the US. Thank you.

  10. #10
    Registered Member

    CX9

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    25
    Thanks for sharing jefabian. I'm really surprised that for $549 that they're battery powered and not hard wired into the car. As I mentioned when I posted this question my dealer parts guy had very little information in his system, no photo, and he said it looked like they couldn't even be ordered for the dealer to install them. I did find another thread on the forum and it looks like in Australia you can get these (https://www.mazda.com.au/accessory/TC11ACSCU) non-illuminated 'scuff plates' for $196.97 USD (today's exchange rate) over there. I think they look nice and wonder why they're not offered in the North American market?

  11. #11
    Grand Poobah tex2670's Avatar

    2012 CX-9 GT AWD, Copper Red/Sand

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,156
    Quote Originally Posted by jefabian View Post
    I*m pretty sure they are the factory option and not stock. I watched a couple 2018 signature review videos and did not see them.
    There are no factory options for the Signature. They could be a dealer or port installed accessory.

  12. #12
    Registered Member mbushnaq00's Avatar

    2019 Mazda CX-9 Signature

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Posts
    16
    I would really appreciate if someone can provide me with the part number of the illuminated plates for the CX-9

    My local dealer said they can order one from Mazda Japan, but I need to provide the part number

  13. #13
    Registered Member

    2018 CX9 Sig

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    DC Metro
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by mbushnaq00 View Post
    I would really appreciate if someone can provide me with the part number of the illuminated plates for the CX-9

    My local dealer said they can order one from Mazda Japan, but I need to provide the part number
    Found them here: https://www.mazdaswag.com/oem-parts/...gaAl5vEALw_wcB

    Hope this helps.

    Peace and blessings,

    Azeke

  14. #14
    Registered Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Central Missouri
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by mbushnaq00 View Post
    I would really appreciate if someone can provide me with the part number of the illuminated plates for the CX-9

    My local dealer said they can order one from Mazda Japan, but I need to provide the part number
    The Mazda part number is TK78-V1-370.

    From the Mazda USA website at http://accessories.mazdausa.com/weba...Name=2019+CX-9

  15. #15
    Registered Member mbushnaq00's Avatar

    2019 Mazda CX-9 Signature

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Azeke View Post
    Found them here: https://www.mazdaswag.com/oem-parts/...gaAl5vEALw_wcB

    Hope this helps.

    Peace and blessings,

    Azeke

    Quote Originally Posted by CobraSJP View Post
    The Mazda part number is TK78-V1-370.

    From the Mazda USA website at http://accessories.mazdausa.com/weba...Name=2019+CX-9
    Thanks a lot for the quick responses

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Illuminated CX-5 door sills
    By MX693 in forum CX-5 General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-22-2019, 03:43 AM
  2. Anyone know about 2018 Illuminated Door Sills for CX-9
    By widdy88 in forum CX-9 Accessories & Appearance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-25-2018, 08:41 PM
  3. Mazda2 Illuminated Door Sills
    By Redkills in forum Mazda2 General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-26-2011, 04:53 PM
  4. WTB: Protege 5 Illuminated Door Sills
    By Pro5je in forum Completed Transactions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-26-2011, 04:55 AM
  5. Installing Illuminated Door Sills
    By j1paque in forum Mazda3 Accessories & Appearance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 03:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •