Trouble with 2nd row seat belt buckle

acb13013

Hello All,

I wonder if any of you have had this problem. On my 2nd row passenger-side seat, the seat belt buckle is stuck in an upright position, which makes buckling the belt very difficult, especially for the kiddos.

Please take a look at the attached diagram. When the bottom seat cushion is opened, the rod (9) moves the buckle (18) into an upright position, then releases it when the cushion is closed.

On my car, the rod is loose in the front, not connected to anything, and the buckle is stuck fully upright. It's difficult to get under there and see if I've got a damaged part or if I can just re-attach something.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Attachments

• Mazda5 2nd Row Seat Component Diagram.png
    Mazda5 2nd Row Seat Component Diagram.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 231
In the diagram #10 should be a white clip that goes in the lower seat bracket and the rod goes in it then you slide the clip over it. Hope this helps

Had same problem.

You need to lift up (pop up fastener) #3, which is tucked under #4, 5, and 11.

You should buy new #10.

It is highly possible #9 is slightly bent. I struggled trying to fit #9 (with #10) into the slot at first. Couldn't understand why it was such a tight fit and when managed to fit, #10 would pop out easily once the cushion is up. It's a pretty simple mechanism, however, if you don't know what/how #9 is suppose to be shaped, it's tough to get right. I had to take out #9 from the other chair to compare and quickly see how it is slightly deformed. Can bend #9 back to shape easily and reuse, it adjusts how erect #18 stays when the cushion is closed. .

Does anyone have the part number for 9 and 10 mine was removed from the car and I need to reinstall? Thanks.

Back