Yellow Wrench

nm77

:
MAZDA CX 5 GS 2017
Hi , the key wrench came on earlier this week so i did the adjustments on the application and went away .
Out of the blue it came back on and tying to adjust but it wont come off , the car is on its due schedule an still have another 3500 km before oil change and tires same thing .
Dealer says that i need to do an update on the infotainment system at no charge .

My question is can the key wrench mean anything else wrong with the vehicle or its just a computer glitch?

Thanks 20190328_072515.jpeg

wrench is just a maintenance reminder, not a malfunction indicator

The wrench is in the gauge cluster and depending on the reset procedure used in infotainment, can fall out of sync and get a mind of its own.

There's a manual reset for the gauge cluster portion (I've done it once, has others have here).

If dealer is offering up an infotainment update, take it.

Hi , the key wrench came on earlier this week so i did the adjustments on the application and went away .
Out of the blue it came back on and tying to adjust but it wont come off , the car is on its due schedule an still have another 3500 km before oil change and tires same thing .
Dealer says that i need to do an update on the infotainment system at no charge .

My question is can the key wrench mean anything else wrong with the vehicle or its just a computer glitch?

ThanksView attachment 220603
Since Mazda Canada disabled Flexible oil change interval in maintenance status monitor, there have been many reports from Canadian CX-5 owners that the reset doesn't work to stop the amber wrench indicator coming back on. I believe there's a TSB for this problem. Make sure your Mazda dealer finds the TSB and follows the procedure outlined by Mazda. The software needs to be updated is the PCM firmware, not the Infotainment software.

This wrench indicator serves only as a reminder for any maintenance due. There's nothing wrong with the vehicle and it's just the programming bug in PCM firmware trying to disable Flexible oil change interval. My 2016 CX-5's Flexible OCI feature was having similar problem and more, a PCM firmware update eventually fixed the problem based on a different TSB.

Back