Navi Comparo: CarPlay vs. Mazdas

:
Mazda CX5 GTR 2019
Navi Comparo: CarPlay vs. Mazdas

Anyone compared their functions, accuracy, flexibility, and how they work with traffic in an 18 or 19 equipped with both?

I just got my GTR and Im trying to figure out which ought to be my default. (I have a Sirius subscription that includes traffic that Im carrying over from my prior vehicle, if that matters)

Thanks.

CARPLAY & MAZDA...!

Most of my driving is city. I like Waze, been using it for years. I use Waze without sound. The sound is annoying and its easy to visually check the next turn on the screen. I use the Mazda nav with no destination and set and volume at approx 25% to warn me of speed zones and such (just loud enough to draw my attention to check and tailor my speed).
This works for me.

There's really no comparison. Carplay with Google Maps or Waze brings you always up to date maps, better traffic than any other solution, and intelligent routing.

I like to use GPS/maps, even when I'm driving places I know well, mostly to avoid traffic. I haven't used the stock nav system much (I had CarPlay/Android Auto installed a couple of weeks after I bought the car), but yesterday I flipped it on just for grins. I found the interface and map display to be overly cluttered and complex, especially compared to Waze or Apple Maps. I was in a particularly busy place with a lot of different roads and highways coming together, and the Mazda interface was just a mess. If I hadn't been familiar with the area, the map would've been quite confusing. Just my own observation.

I haven't done a ton of direct comparisons with the accuracy of navigation... my assumption has always been that Waze, Google or Apple Maps would be better, since they take traffic into account.

While the Mazda Nav system works quite well, nothing IMO, compares to Waze. Been a huge Waze fan seemingly forever and it beats everything else out there. Says me!

+1 on carplay and Waze, although the mazda navi gives you turn my turn on the HUD, there's really no reason not to use WAZE, it's always up to date!

Back