2019 Mazda 3 review

sm1ke

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Contributor
:
Canada
Just thought I'd post this here. Came across this review this morning (sorry if it's already been discussed).

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/01/27/2019-mazda3-first-drive-review-87hy65/

I really like what they say about it. Some of the tests they performed were pretty cool too. For example:

"Mazda had us sit in two cars, a current-generation 3 and the 2019 edition. Both had their passenger seats removed, and in their place was bolted a flat seating cushion mounted atop a single spring. With no armrests or seatbacks to stabilize yourself with, simply sitting upright took substantial balance and constant working of your torso, thigh and back muscles. Then a Mazda engineer drove us around in each car at speeds of no more than 5 mph to demonstrate just how much smoother the new 3 was compared to the old one, how much harder you had to work to hold yourself up in the old car against each input of the driver."

They also go over the switch to torsion beam suspension in the rear and why the Sport mode only holds the gears longer.

Just saw one for the first time in person. That red isnt anything near my soul red CX-5. Its almost Bordeaux depending on the angle.

Overall its gorgeous

Back