Power Commander PC41 w/ BT for Madza CX

:
2018 CX9 Sig
Hello All,

I have installed the Pedal Commander 41 w/ BT on my 2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature. It is certainly a significant improvement over the OEM pedal accelerator. It improves the overall sensitivity of the accelerator pedal and I'm initially impressed with the response. Took aprox 15 min to install/config, much more to come later. Thank you to JJhebigscreen for the initial mod input. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Edit: I needed to utilize another type of velcro adhesive, the PC OEM mount adhesive did not hold very well.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Attachments

• Pedal Commander Mar 25 2019.jpg
    Pedal Commander Mar 25 2019.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
Hello All,

I have installed the Pedal Commander 41 w/ BT on my 2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature. It is certainly a significant improvement over the OEM pedal accelerator. It improves the overall sensitivity of the accelerator pedal and I'm initially impressed with the response. Took aprox 15 min to install/config, much more to come later. Thank you to JJhebigscreen for the initial mod input. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Thanks Azeke. Please check back in and let us know how that works out. It would be nice to lessen acceration lag time.

Good to hear Azeke. Also interested in seeing how your driving habits change (if any) and the effect on your mileage after getting accustomed to the PC.

Any chance you could do a comparison video of normal acceleration without the PC and normal acceleration with the PC? I think that would help a lot of people considering this mod in making a decision.

Good to hear Azeke. Also interested in seeing how your driving habits change (if any) and the effect on your mileage after getting accustomed to the PC.

Any chance you could do a comparison video of normal acceleration without the PC and normal acceleration with the PC? I think that would help a lot of people considering this mod in making a decision.

I am not lead of foot so I haven*t noticed any significant changes in mpg, but I*ll keep an eyeball on it. I*m sure if I changed to Sport or Sport plus mode it would affect my mpg more significantly.

Video, perhaps later, it*s difficult to do in my area since I*m in the city. I can tell you this I*m not apprehensive anymore to accelerate from a standstill to merge into ongoing highway or city traffic.

If you*re looking for a mod that*s fun/functional and doesn*t void your warranty this may be the one for you. YMMV of course. Hope this helps.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

How does this compare to using Sport mode to liven things up?

Generically, Sport mode, I believe changes the gear ratio and holds the gear at a higher rpm.

The PC simply changes the sensitivity of the accelerator/throttle response depending on the mode and level selected. Hope this helps.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Not the gear ratio, but the upshift and downshift points. So yes, it generally just holds the gear at higher RPMs.

I'm curious as to how this affects MPGs. Please do let us know your feedback when you have it!

Not the gear ratio, but the upshift and downshift points. So yes, it generally just holds the gear at higher RPMs.

I'm curious as to how this affects MPGs. Please do let us know your feedback when you have it!

Thanks for the clarification azuzu. MPG has been affected since I*m running City +2, maybe 1 mpg less, however, I have floored it a few times just for fun, so that may affect the data. Here is a interesting write up that may provide better insight:

http://https://10carbest.com/pedal-commander-review

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Last edited:
Azeke, after some months with the Pedal Commander, how are you liking it? Would you still recommend it? Any issues that have come up? Changes in mileage? Would appreciate your feedback.

Azeke, after some months with the Pedal Commander, how are you liking it? Would you still recommend it? Any issues that have come up? Changes in mileage? Would appreciate your feedback.

1). Still digging it, my wife not so much, she doesn't drive my car enough...

2). Yes, I still recommend it...I leave it set between City 2 or City 3.

3). I've had no issues thus far.

4). I'm sure there is a minor mileage hit, however, I haven't really measured it.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

1). Still digging it, my wife not so much, she doesn't drive my car enough...

2). Yes, I still recommend it...I leave it set between City 2 or City 3.

3). I've had no issues thus far.

4). I'm sure there is a minor mileage hit, however, I haven't really measured it.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

If the mileage change is not significant enough to notice, it's probably quite minimal, so that's good! If you ever get the opportunity to get some video footage of your daily commute to/from work, please upload and post it here. I'd appreciate it. That way I can compare with my own experience and decide whether or not I want to bite the bullet.

If you ever get the opportunity to get some video footage of your daily commute to/from work, please upload and post it here. I'd appreciate it. That way I can compare with my own experience and decide whether or not I want to bite the bullet.

I work remotely for the most part, however I'll see what I can do.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Back