Finally pulled the trigger on a GT Reserve

I have not tried Flickr.

Can I link to pics for free? The only reason I even got a PhotoBucket account in the first place was to link pics to forums like this.

Yep you can link for free, I think. Let me check

After uploading your photo, you can just click on it, then click on the Share Photo button in the bottom right corner. Choose the BBCode option and it'll give you the code, which appears like this:

_DSC4210 by sm1ke, on Flickr

But you can remove the URL tags and leave the IMG tags if you just want to post the picture.

Mazda%20CX5_3.jpg

Do the 19's in that color come with all the badges blacked out or did someone plastidip them?

Do the 19's in that color come with all the badges blacked out or did someone plastidip them?

From the guy who posted that pic: Dealer does what they call a "Midnight Edition". Blacked out rims and badges.

Interesting option, huh?

Lol, dealers just have to squeeze as much as they can out of customers, don't they? I don't understand how they can use the words "Midnight Edition", it's very misleading as it makes it sound like its a special edition of the car that was a factory option. It should just be advertised as a dealer service. It's just PlastiDip and/or black spray paint, after all. Either way, looks good blacked out. All it's missing now is darker tint on the front windows.

AD, congrats on the purchase! Have you tried using flickr.com to upload photos?

No I knew it wasn't a "Special Edition"...Lol...And no it is not PlastiDip and/or black spray paint...Lol...It is done by a professional 3rd party vendor and it is a Ceramic powder coat. This vendor also does window tinting and other services as well. I will definitely going to look into possibly having the windows tinted and other things done, but outside of the dealership.

No I knew it wasn't a "Special Edition"...Lol...And no it is not PlastiDip and/or black spray paint...Lol...It is done by a professional 3rd party vendor and it is a Ceramic powder coat. This vendor also does window tinting and other services as well. I will definitely going to look into possibly having the windows tinted and other things done, but outside of the dealership.

I'm considering having film put on the front end of mine. I know the red paint is the one that seems to have the most durability issues, but Japanese paints in general are known for their fragility. Nano coatings are cheaper than film, but film provides chip protection and lasts longer. Of course, none of it is free.

How much did it cost for that blacked out rim and badge? I am gonna do the same when I am ready to purchase in the next 4-6 months in the deep sea blue. Thanks for the pictures!

How much did it cost for that blacked out rim and badge? I am gonna do the same when I am ready to purchase in the next 4-6 months in the deep sea blue. Thanks for the pictures!

The dealer had the package priced at $1198. But I was able to negotiate the price of the car with the option and it ended costing around $500. They are not plasti dipped or spray painted either. They were powder coated and the wheels also have a ceramic protective coating as well.

Back