2015 CX-9 - The rusting in the undercarriage normal?

Hi folks, is the rusting shown in the video normal for a newer car? The car is driven through the Alberta cold climate.

Cheers,

Jay

Looks like surface rust. Normal for any vehicles that are driven on salted roads. Where in AB are you located?

If you want to prevent/slow down the rusting, look into Fluid Film. And give the undercarriage a rinse during each car wash in the winter.

I live 1/2 mile from the ocean in Florida. Mine doesn't look anywhere near that bad. The exhaust pipe is rusty, everything else is clean.

I do have some rust showing up in along the welded seam above the rear hatch area. Open the rear liftgate and look along the top edge, in the corners, above the weatherstripping. I had some pretty good corrosion in that area on both sides of the car.

Looks about the same as my 2012 that sees NY roads for the winter. Lots of salt here too and pretty much every car I have had looks like that after a while. I do what I can to flush it often when washing it and then just hope for the best. On most of my vehicles the rear camber bolts were always rusted when I went in for tire/alignment due to the salt. Now I soak them in PB Blaster for a week or so before going to the shop and that seems to be working.

Back