In Memory of Member 1338
In Memory of Member 1338
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Difference between base Mazda 3 & 6 is now only $900 for '19

Registered Member

2018 3 Sport GT MANUAL

They will pull a manual transmission from my cold, dead, right hand.

Registered Member

Bought a Mazda 3 recently and drove to satellite dealer lot to pickup in a 2019 Mazda 6. They are worlds apart and the 3 is significantly more refined, quieter, more comfortable in every way. Wait until they give the Mazda 6 the upscale treatment for the 2020 model year.

2018 Mazda6, CX-9

Quote Originally Posted by livetaswim06 View Post
    Bought a Mazda 3 recently and drove to satellite dealer lot to pickup in a 2019 Mazda 6. They are worlds apart and the 3 is significantly more refined, quieter, more comfortable in every way. Wait until they give the Mazda 6 the upscale treatment for the 2020 model year.
    The Mazda 6 is already the most upscale car in its class with the possible exception of the not-so good-looking Accord. The GT-Reserve and Signature are near luxury class (better in some ways over some luxury branded models). Many luxury badged cars don't have suede dashes, Nappa leather seats, etc.

I'll take your word for it that the new 3 may be superior in a number of ways and that's amazing if it is. It's supposed to compete with Corolla, LOL. It can't compete with the turbo 6 on performance or rear legroom and such.

I think it'll be the 2021 model year when we see an all new Mazda 6. Unless Mazda releases an all new 2020 late like they are often late with model releases.

2018 CX-9 Signature
    2018 Mazda 6 GT Reserve

Registered Member

I agree on them being later than others. We shall see what they show at the LA auto show. There tends to be a large display for Mazda, at least in previous years. That being said I am not sure which Mazda 6 trim level I was driving as I was a little loopy from all the paperwork that I had been signing.

One thing the 3 is missing is ventilated seats. Wish that was an option. Here in LA I can only use the heated seats a few months of the year.

Registered Member

OMG. How can you even compare Mazda3 to those other cars?

Registered Member

mazda6 touring cx5 touring

I traded my 2016 Mazda 6 touring in for the 19 3 hatch with the premium package and even drive a 2019 6 before deciding and big yes on the 3 being more refined. This car in no way was made to compete with the Toyota better think Mercedes,Audi Acura etc.

2018 Mazda6, CX-9

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/toyo...n-test-review/

A surprising result from a Motor Trend comparo of Mazda 3 and Corolla. Motor Trend always goes with Mazda as the driving enthusiasts.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    https://www.motortrend.com/cars/toyo...n-test-review/

A surprising result from a Motor Trend comparo of Mazda 3 and Corolla. Motor Trend always goes with Mazda as the driving enthusiasts.
    That is indeed odd. I agree with a few criticisms. Mainly the lane keep assist function. If you look at it as a system designed to keep you from driving off the road it works fine. If you expect it can drive for you then sadly it's accurate to say it doesn't deliver.

Other point is the infotainment system Sirius radio channel selection. While I have used it a few times I tend to prefer Spotify, but when using it was a pain to change channels. Infotainment system works perfect in Android auto though. I couldn't imagine a simpler to use system to control it.

Cramped interior is not very accurate. I am 6'1" and 240 and have more than enough room. I think the 3 would comfortably fit someone a few inches taller.

Last note is the brakes. I have no idea what the magazine is talking about in regards to an "Oh shit" moment. Car stops on a dime. Even in their testing the 3 stops faster than the Corolla (117 vs 119 feet)?

All that being said I didn't cross shop the Mazda 3 with the Corolla.
    Last edited by livetaswim06; 07-16-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12