2016 CX-5 rear pads vs. 2015 -5 rear pads differences?

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Sport
So the 2016 CX-5 seems to use rear pads that have a different part number than the 2015 CX-5. Are there differences between the 2016 vs 2015 rear pads? Can the 2015 rear pads be used on a 2016?

For example on Advanced Auto Parts:
For 2016 CX-5 rear pads, part # PXD1846 for the Carquest Wearever Platinum Professional Ceramic Pads..

For 2015 CX-5 rear pads, part # PXD1624H for the Carquest Wearever Platinum Professional Ceramic Pads.

So the 2016 CX-5 seems to use rear pads that have a different part number than the 2015 CX-5. Are there differences between the 2016 vs 2015 rear pads? Can the 2015 rear pads be used on a 2016?

For example on Advanced Auto Parts:
For 2016 CX-5 rear pads, part # PXD1846 for the Carquest Wearever Platinum Professional Ceramic Pads..

For 2015 CX-5 rear pads, part # PXD1624H for the Carquest Wearever Platinum Professional Ceramic Pads.
No, they're different. 2016 CX-5 has electrical parking brake, which has totally different design from mechanical parking brake used in 2015 CX-5 on rear brakes. Hence the installation procedure is different too by not turning the piston on rear calipers.

No, they're different. 2016 CX-5 has electrical parking brake, which has totally different design from mechanical parking brake used in 2015 CX-5 on rear brakes. Hence the installation procedure is different too by not turning the piston on rear calipers.

Thanks yrwei52. So my mechanic last year in July replaced my 2016 cx-5 sport rear brake pads with the following part number as I visually see stamped on the brake:

DB928FF G1624 08D1A18

I am assuming that he used the 2015 brake pads since it say G1624. Most likely from Advanced Auto. Should I be concerned? He did put my cx-5 in maintenance mode after I advised him to do so when replacing the pads.

Thanks yrwei52. So my mechanic last year in July replaced my 2016 cx-5 sport rear brake pads with the following part number as I visually see stamped on the brake:

DB928FF G1624 08D1A18

I am assuming that he used the 2015 brake pads since it say G1624. Most likely from Advanced Auto. Should I be concerned? He did put my cx-5 in maintenance mode after I advised him to do so when replacing the pads.
You have been trying to verify if the rear pads you just put in are correct ones. But it may take some effort to get the answer, such as you go to Advance Auto in person to see the actual Carquest pads which may have the same imprint like yours. From my personal experience many parts may not have exact part number printed on them, as those parts may actually be made by other suppliers which carries different p/n.

blackcx5 has found pads which have "DB928FF" imprint are from Carquest. I don't think "G1624" or "08D1A18" has anything to do with p/n, other than date and batch information. In addition, if your current rear brakes are functioning properly then these pads should be the correct ones, especially your mechanic also said the same thing.

You have been trying to verify if the rear pads you just put in are correct ones. But it may take some effort to get the answer, such as you go to Advance Auto in person to see the actual Carquest pads which may have the same imprint like yours. From my personal experience many parts may not have exact part number printed on them, as those parts may actually be made by other suppliers which carries different p/n.

blackcx5 has found pads which have "DB928FF" imprint are from Carquest. I don't think "G1624" or "08D1A18" has anything to do with p/n, other than date and batch information. In addition, if your current rear brakes are functioning properly then these pads should be the correct ones, especially your mechanic also said the same thing.

The "DB928FF" are made by Carquest and sold at Adanced Auto Parts..I will go to advanced and ask them to verify the part #'s on the pads.

Also, just looking at the 2015 Mazda CX-5 sport pads on advanced site shows the imprint on the pads which are imprinted with the similar G1624:

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...4-P?navigationPath=L1*14921|L2*16463|L3*15694

The "DB928FF" are made by Carquest and sold at Adanced Auto Parts..I will go to advanced and ask them to verify the part #'s on the pads.

Also, just looking at the 2015 Mazda CX-5 sport pads on advanced site shows the imprint on the pads which are imprinted with the similar G1624:

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...4-P?navigationPath=L1*14921|L2*16463|L3*15694

I called Advanced Auto and they confirmed the rear pads that my mechanic put "G1624" are for the 2015 CX-5. The same link as above..

I called Advanced Auto and they confirmed the rear pads that my mechanic put "G1624" are for the 2015 CX-5. The same link as above..
If that's the case, go talk to your mechanic and have him to put right pads for your 2016 CX-5. Usually the brake pads carry life-time warranty, your mechanic should have no problem to get right pads for free. The loss is his time to swap the pads. I guess you may have to show him the picture blackcx5 posted showing the notch has to line up with the pin, in addition to not turning the caliper piston.

Back