0 - 60 m/s

MRV

:
Mazda cx 5
0 - 60 mile/hour

Is there a speed test 0 to 60 mile/hour on sport mode? I wonder if it is faster on sport mode.

Last edited:
I've tried it. It's not. Sport Mode is largely useless. It does not shift faster. It does not shift harder. It does not lower the vehicle. It does not raise the redline. It does not alter the timing. It is similar to "TOW" modes in trucks in that it just holds gears longer at low throttle inputs and engine-brakes on hills.

As with most non-sports cars with this feature, there will be no difference when flooring it with it on, or off. At least in my Lexus, I get a stiffer feeling steering wheel. :)

I'm pretty sure all sport mode does is change the shift points so you can hold at higher RPMs for longer.

It doesn't actually give you any more power.

The only real benefit, is while moving. Since it holds gears longer, downshifting to pass seems to react quicker.

It doesn't change shift points except at very low throttle inputs. WOT it does nothing.

Right. Would be while throttling a bit so it doesn't shift as soon as it otherwise would. WOT though, I don't see how it would make any difference seeing as I redline mine fairly regularly and I don't have a sport mode switch.

Right. Would be while throttling a bit so it doesn't shift as soon as it otherwise would. WOT though, I don't see how it would make any difference seeing as I redline mine fairly regularly and I don't have a sport mode switch.

Same back when I had a 2015. Now that I have a 2019, I heartily wish it had a "lock diff" option instead of this stupid TOW mode.

So yeah, I did it guys. I tried it. I actually bought it. I still think it's the big stupid.

I will sometimes use sport mode on hilly highways (e.g., I70 through the mountains) when I get tired of the engine upshifting too often to save on gas.

Is there a speed test 0 to 60 mile/s on sport mode? I wonder if it is faster on sport mode.

60 meters per second is about 134 miles per hour
60 miles per second is 216,000 miles per hour

I drove it full time on a 90minute road trip to really test it out. It certainly feels more responsive.

I will sometimes use sport mode on hilly highways (e.g., I70 through the mountains) when I get tired of the engine upshifting too often to save on gas.

That is the joy of the turbo. There is no shifting business until you hit inclines greater than about 10% grade. It takes most things short of actual mountain type grades in OD. Less shifting around than my Jeep with the HEMI and 5-speed honestly. Truly impressed, and part of why I went with it. I get better mileage in my CX5 turbo than in my 2015 CX5 because of it.

Why do you prefer sport instead of manual in that scenario?

Driving up to woodland park was a good test of the CX-5s performance in the hills. TBH, its adequate, and Im happy without the fuss of a manual. [emoji2369]

Curious as well, because I use my manual mode a ton when I am driving HWY 285 in the mountains.

Thats one nice thing about the turbo. No real shifting occurs unless you hit some serious inclines. My gtr makes it up my driveway in 2nd gear doing about 8mph, for example. Torque monster!

Back