Break issue

f41point9

I just bought a new *19 CX5 GT FWD Soul Red. I planned on having clear bra and window tints installed tomorrow. Here*s the dilemma though. To my disappontment, the car was making creaky/grinding noise coming from the front while reverse parking at home or even just slowly pressing on the break.

I did test drive it prior to finalizing the deal and I didn*t really notice the noise at the dealership. So I*m not sure where it*s coming from. But based from the dealer*s response, this issue doesn*t seem to be new to her. She advised me to keep her posted if the problem persists.

So.. Should I just wait until the break issue has been resolved (risking chip paint which I heard is prevalent with this colour) or can I go ahead and proceed with the installation of clear bra and window tints but risking losing $$$ if the car turns out to be lemon?

Last edited:
Its hard to make it lemon :) and they will probanly fix it before you can lemon it.
Its up to you at the end, but car is yours now if the deal is sealed.

Be ware that warranty on brake (rotor and pad) is only 1yr/12K miles.
Get it looked at ASAP if I were you.

Did they look at your "brake" issue and tell you it was normal? Or, did you call them and just discuss it with them? Either way, it's not normal and should be addressed ASAP. It might just be something lodged in there that's an easy fix.

They probably accidently sprayed some wheel wax or spray wax that got unto the rotor during the sale prep cleaning. I accidently did this on my car. Had to spray some brake cleaner to get it off.

Did they look at your "brake" issue and tell you it was normal? Or, did you call them and just discuss it with them? Either way, it's not normal and should be addressed ASAP. It might just be something lodged in there that's an easy fix.

No. I didn't noticed the issue until I got home. This is what she responded when I asked her if it's something to be concerned of: " I've heard this before, likely water in the tires/brakes from being washed. I will make note of your info for future reference. Please keep me posted over next couple of days if this is an ongoing issue."

I tried changing how I step on the brake earlier, like being more careful/attentive about it and the noise is less prominent but I can still hear a very faint creak.

Last edited:
Be ware that warranty on brake (rotor and pad) is only 1yr/12K miles.
Get it looked at ASAP if I were you.

I'll let the dealer know later that the issue still persists.
I'm now on the fence if I should purchase the extended warranty insurance or not because of this.

How many miles did you put on it so far since your bought it? If it's still doing that past a few hundred miles I'd get it checked out.

Did this happen the day following a washing? If so, it is most likely temporary rust on the rotor(s) and will go away after you brake a few times.

Did this happen the day following a washing? If so, it is most likely temporary rust on the rotor(s) and will go away after you brake a few times.

They did wash the car after the purchase. The dealer said it may be due to that but I will have it checked if the issues not resolved. I still hear some faint creaking but barely noticeable since Im being extra attentive on how I push the brakes. Maybe it still in the breaking in period.

Extreme over-reacting to a minor issue. Give the dealer some time and drive the vehicle for a 1,000 miles or so before you analysis the vehicle as a lemon or worse. Gads. Ed

Back