Rim Weight

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hello,

Does anyone know what the stock OEM 2017 CX-5 GT rim weighs? I just purchased a new one (something hit my current rim and put a deep gouge in it. Unfortunately, it's too deep to be repaired, so I am replacing the rim.)

Anyway, I will be transporting it once I get it to the dealer to have it installed. Will the weight from it cause any indentations in the back?

Thanks much!

Any suggestions on what to do with my current damaged (cosmetic) rim? Should I hold on to it, or just dispose of it?

Thanks!

Don*t know about it*s weight, but I*d recommend just putting a piece of cardboard down in your cargo area.

I*d keep it and try to sell on Facebook or craigslist. Maybe someone will crack a rim and come calling. Or maybe call a couple local rim shops to ask for recommendations?

If it's cosmetic only, I'd put an old tire on it (maybe save one when you get new tires, or find a used one on ebay) and have it as a matching spare. I bent a wheel, had it repaired put a spare tire on it and that's its purpose now.

31 lbs. The Toyo A36 is 29 lbs. If the wheel damage isn't too bad, it can be repaired. Just Goog for wheel repair outfits, send a pic and wait for a response. Otherwise, you might get a few bucks for it from a metal recycling outfit.

Last edited:
31 lbs. The Toyo A36 is 29 lbs. If the wheel damage isn't too bad, it can be repaired. Just Goog for wheel repair outfits, send a pic and wait for a response. Otherwise, you might get a few bucks for it from a metal recycling outfit.

I asked several places, and they all told me that theyd have to sand down the spoke so much that it would look like it had tried to be repaired.

As far as the cargo area goes, would putting it directly on the carpet in there cause an indentation? Im thinking Ill just leave it in the cardboard box it came in.

Am I crazy for buying a new rim?

Silly Rabbit! If it did cause a "dent" it would be temporary. It's just a wheel. What would you do with a 50 pound suitcase?

Back