Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 2019 CX9 Loving it

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by ntdouglas View Post
    Has anyone tried the stop and go cruise in traffic? Way cool. It will stop the car autonomously and hold it there without depressing the brake pedal at all. Then take off when traffic starts moving again.
    Love the stop and go cruise, I use it all the time on longer trips. Question for you.. does your 2019 take off after coming to a complete stop for 15-20 seconds, like after a red light? I have a 2018 and when I use the stop and go cruise, it disables the "go" part if the car has been fully stopped for a short while. Meaning that after coming to a stop behind a car and sitting at the light, the car will not resume driving unless I hit the Res button on the steering wheel. Maybe they made a change to the logic in the 2019 MY.

Registered Member

2019 CX9 GT AWD Sonic Silver

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    Love the stop and go cruise, I use it all the time on longer trips. Question for you.. does your 2019 take off after coming to a complete stop for 15-20 seconds, like after a red light? I have a 2018 and when I use the stop and go cruise, it disables the "go" part if the car has been fully stopped for a short while. Meaning that after coming to a stop behind a car and sitting at the light, the car will not resume driving unless I hit the Res button on the steering wheel. Maybe they made a change to the logic in the 2019 MY.
    It does just take off when the light turns green and cars start moving. Stop signs are a pain though. It starts then you have to stop again.

Registered Member

Loving this car guys. I've owned it 4 months and have 1400 miles on it. Just took it in yesterday for its first oil change. Even though I have 2 free changes I took my 5 quart jug of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum with me. I let them use a Mazda oem filter designed just for the turbo engine. Heard its pretty good. Since I was driving it so little in the beginning I clayed it right of way and probably have 6 or 7 coats of Meguiars ultimate sealant on it. Only using rinseless synthetic car washes on like onr and Griots Garage spray wash and wax. Then I use Meguiars d156 Xpress spray wax as a drying agent and plush microfiber towels. Looks beautiful. I bought the aluminum brake and gas pedals just havent had time to install them. In my rural driving I'm getting around 25-26 mpg using top tier 93 gas.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 2016

I'm glad you like the car so much. There is no reason to use more than 87 AKI gasoline unless you often run full throttle above 4000 rpm. I've tried both. Sometimes I think the 93 makes the engine run just a bit smoother, and most of the time I can't tell any difference except when I'm paying for the tankful. I'm pleased with the operation on 87.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by PTguy View Post
    I'm glad you like the car so much. There is no reason to use more than 87 AKI gasoline unless you often run full throttle above 4000 rpm. I've tried both. Sometimes I think the 93 makes the engine run just a bit smoother, and most of the time I can't tell any difference except when I'm paying for the tankful. I'm pleased with the operation on 87.
    I never compared but I would think you get a little better gas mileage on premium.

I never compared but I would think you get a little better gas mileage on premium.
    It's probably a moot point since you're also paying more for premium. The octane doesn't matter so much, I think a no-ethanol fuel with good detergents is more important (but even then, it may not make that much of a difference). I use Shell 91 because its one of the very few fuels around here that contains no ethanol.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Ah yes - Ethanol

It's probably a moot point since you're also paying more for premium. The octane doesn't matter so much, I think a no-ethanol fuel with good detergents is more important (but even then, it may not make that much of a difference). I use Shell 91 because its one of the very few fuels around here that contains no ethanol.
    I'm sure it's a mixed blessing to live in Canada, but on the ethanol issue, I envy you. Due to the power of the corn-farmer and distiller industry lobby, non-ethanol gas is just about extinct in the USA, even at boating marinas where I'd love to use it due to the long storage times in boats. I can and do get some at my local airport, for $5.50 a gallon... and of course a major pain in any quantity.

And they're well on their way to E15 gas, which is 'way worse in the troubles it causes.

Registered Member

Right thats what I'm thinking about premium, a little bit more but a little bit better mileage so its a wash. No ethanol gas around here. I've been using Exxon Mobile 93 at about $3.58 a gallon. shell 93 is over $4 a gallon. Does anybody use a fuel additive to combat the gdi carbon build up? I've noticed black soot on the bottom of round part of the exhaust tip when polishing them. Normal?

Right thats what I'm thinking about premium, a little bit more but a little bit better mileage so its a wash. No ethanol gas around here. I've been using Exxon Mobile 93 at about $3.58 a gallon. shell 93 is over $4 a gallon. Does anybody use a fuel additive to combat the gdi carbon build up? I've noticed black soot on the bottom of round part of the exhaust tip when polishing them. Normal?
    Black soot is normal in my experience. I'm running top tier gas as well (Shell 91). I don't think a fuel additive will do anything for carbon build up since the fuel doesn't wash the intake valves by design. It might help if you don't have access to top tier gas, which already has good fuel additives in the formula.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX-9 GT FWD

No, same logic in 2019 as well. I believe the timeout is just a few seconds.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eugr View Post
    No, same logic in 2019 as well. I believe the timeout is just a few seconds.

Mine will takeoff when the car in front of me starts moving although I dont know about the timing. Does anybody know why the owners manuel states adding no additives to the fuel?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12