New 2019 CX9 Loving it

I never compared but I would think you get a little better gas mileage on premium.

It's probably a moot point since you're also paying more for premium. The octane doesn't matter so much, I think a no-ethanol fuel with good detergents is more important (but even then, it may not make that much of a difference). I use Shell 91 because its one of the very few fuels around here that contains no ethanol.

Ah yes - Ethanol

It's probably a moot point since you're also paying more for premium. The octane doesn't matter so much, I think a no-ethanol fuel with good detergents is more important (but even then, it may not make that much of a difference). I use Shell 91 because its one of the very few fuels around here that contains no ethanol.

I'm sure it's a mixed blessing to live in Canada, but on the ethanol issue, I envy you. Due to the power of the corn-farmer and distiller industry lobby, non-ethanol gas is just about extinct in the USA, even at boating marinas where I'd love to use it due to the long storage times in boats. I can and do get some at my local airport, for $5.50 a gallon... and of course a major pain in any quantity.

And they're well on their way to E15 gas, which is 'way worse in the troubles it causes.

Right thats what I'm thinking about premium, a little bit more but a little bit better mileage so its a wash. No ethanol gas around here. I've been using Exxon Mobile 93 at about $3.58 a gallon. shell 93 is over $4 a gallon. Does anybody use a fuel additive to combat the gdi carbon build up? I've noticed black soot on the bottom of round part of the exhaust tip when polishing them. Normal?

Right thats what I'm thinking about premium, a little bit more but a little bit better mileage so its a wash. No ethanol gas around here. I've been using Exxon Mobile 93 at about $3.58 a gallon. shell 93 is over $4 a gallon. Does anybody use a fuel additive to combat the gdi carbon build up? I've noticed black soot on the bottom of round part of the exhaust tip when polishing them. Normal?

Black soot is normal in my experience. I'm running top tier gas as well (Shell 91). I don't think a fuel additive will do anything for carbon build up since the fuel doesn't wash the intake valves by design. It might help if you don't have access to top tier gas, which already has good fuel additives in the formula.

Love the stop and go cruise, I use it all the time on longer trips. Question for you.. does your 2019 take off after coming to a complete stop for 15-20 seconds, like after a red light? I have a 2018 and when I use the stop and go cruise, it disables the "go" part if the car has been fully stopped for a short while. Meaning that after coming to a stop behind a car and sitting at the light, the car will not resume driving unless I hit the Res button on the steering wheel. Maybe they made a change to the logic in the 2019 MY.

No, same logic in 2019 as well. I believe the timeout is just a few seconds.

No, same logic in 2019 as well. I believe the timeout is just a few seconds.

Mine will takeoff when the car in front of me starts moving although I dont know about the timing. Does anybody know why the owners manuel states adding no additives to the fuel?

Hi guys,

New to this forum as I have just purchased a new CX 9 2019 Touring, literally 10 days ago.

Love everyting in the car which has only 300 klms - need help with one small thing which is annoying and would love to hear from anyone that has experienced the same / similar issue, i have started noticing some creaking noises coming from what appears to be somewhere behind / side of the drivers seat and similar creaking from the dashboard when the car goes over road surface indentations or rough patches.

As the car is brand new the dealer asked me to mention this to the techs at the 1000 klm or one month from purchase (whicever comes first ) inspection.

Could anyone please offer any insight as to what this issue could be, where are these creaking sounds could be coming from?

Greatly appreciate any feedback/ advise and if their is any known solution as I am going crazy being a new car and supposedly very refined interior an a quite one ( owned a CX 9 2013 and expect the interior rattles which drove me mental and the wife saying that I had to be treated for OCD and whatnot it was not a bad car).

Looking forward to hear from anyone who could assist.

Thanking everyone in advance.

Back