Tire pressure sensor?

Oldadmark

:
CX5
I just had four new tires installed. Within a week a bell went off and the tire pressure icon appeared on the dash. I checked each tire and all were 35lbs. I took the car to the shop where I bought the tires and the tech removed the icon with the dash button. He also had a tech check all four tires and again, 35lbs showing. About 3 hours later, while driving, the bell sounded again and the icon appeared. This time I shut it off using the button. Later, it happened again. This NEVER happened before these new tires were installed. Annoying!!! Suggestions???

Aside from a sensor with a bad battery, does your spare tire have a sensor? My wife's RAV4 had this happen and it took a while to realize what was the cause.

Without knowing anything about your car there's no way of knowing which type of TPMS system you have. There's two types, in-wheel battery operated sensors or the type that uses the ABS system without batteries.

Whichever system you have air all the tires up to 35lbs and then reset the system. The method for resetting varies, see your owner's manual.

I just had four new tires installed. Within a week a bell went off and the tire pressure icon appeared on the dash. I checked each tire and all were 35lbs. I took the car to the shop where I bought the tires and the tech removed the icon with the dash button. He also had a tech check all four tires and again, 35lbs showing. About 3 hours later, while driving, the bell sounded again and the icon appeared. This time I shut it off using the button. Later, it happened again. This NEVER happened before these new tires were installed. Annoying!!! Suggestions???
Is there a way to do a system reset? Maybe the shop set the TPMS incorrectly?

Back