2016 spark plug torque

I don't have a definitive answer but I would imagine you just snug it like a oil drain plug. Can you record the part numbers and take some pictures if you do change it yourself?

I am planning changing the spark plugs soon. What are they supposed to be torqued down to?

Thanks!

12-14 ft-lb is the spec on other Skyactiv engines, this is probably ok. It's right in line with the typical value for an aluminum head.

Great, thanks! Part number for the plugs the dealer sold me: PY8V-18-110

Bought the plugs last night, it also says on the box: hand tighten the plug until seated, then torque using a plug wrench accordingly (refer to the upper right table.)

Table states for M14: 2/3 turn.

I should really start reading stuff before asking questions.

Ill be using this video as a guide: https://youtu.be/ln-oKZi9woQ

Last edited:
Time it took me: 30 minutes
Tools: 8mm socket, 14mm thin walled spark plug socket, 10 in extension, wrench
I took out 6 8mm bolts, 4 that hold the metal plate on top of the engine, 2 more from a bracket which holds some hoses on the drivers side of the metal plate to get more movement out of the plate. Please see the approximate locations of the bolts in the picture below.

2z9adf9.jpg

Same 8mm socket is used to loosen the spark plug caps, the second one from the left is a bit fiddly as the metal plate is slightly in the way. The others are easy. I hand threaded the plugs as far as they would go and added 2/3 of a turn as the instructions on the plug box state.

It really is a pretty simple procedure.

Back