19 gt-r drl?

Does anyone have any pics of the headlights/DRLs before and after disabling them? I've tried the process a few times and I can't tell if I got it right. I did it in front of a glass panel and it appears that the halo light and led strips are lit up when I have it set in parking mode while driving. Does that mean I succeeded in disabling the main headlight portion of the DRLs? I've read dozens of threads about this but I haven't come across any pictures people took before and after disabling the DRLs.

Your description indicates success.

Does anyone have any pics of the headlights/DRLs before and after disabling them? I've tried the process a few times and I can't tell if I got it right. I did it in front of a glass panel and it appears that the halo light and led strips are lit up when I have it set in parking mode while driving. Does that mean I succeeded in disabling the main headlight portion of the DRLs? I've read dozens of threads about this but I haven't come across any pictures people took before and after disabling the DRLs.

Gee, speaking of threads about this that are missing pics....;)

Haha Right you are! Here is what I'm working with right now. Is it safe to assume I was successful in turning off the headlight portion of the DRL? At this point I can't remember but isn't the main headlamp also normally on all the time?

attachment.php
[/IMG]

Yes the headlight is the actual DRL, and the accent lights that we wish were the DRLs are just accent lights.

Recheck your quoted thread yrwei. On page 19, post #272, korean_mazda responded that his/her DRL's are fine. So I am not the ONLY ONE. (Just because you put something in all caps or repeat multiple times does not not make it true.)

I have Rev. C headlight assemblies, with a manufacture date of 2015 05 20 for one and 2015 05 19 for the other.

My sisters 2016 CX-5 GT is now 3 years old and no DRL failure for her either.
Thanks to confirm your factory LED DRLs on a 2016 CX-5 are still working strong, although yours are a bit newer version C instead of version A.

korean_mazda's post is over 7 months old, nobody knows if his are still fine.

Honestly, I'm glad my LED DRLs were failed early, so that I could get replaced with the latest ''J" version LED headlights under warranty. Not like my friend who gets stuck with failed LED DRL one month passed the warranty, and not willing to pay for it.

There're plenty of pictures if you have time to read this long thread with 520 posts in 35 pages. But the LED DRL setup on our gen-2 CX-5 should be like those in Europe and Australia, either without low-beam headlights or with additional dedicated LED DRLs.

2017 CX-5 drl question

Yeah, it looks like the Aussie's have an inboard DRL that is not on US spec cars that looks like it is on all the time when driving. But at least it's not the headlights.

attachment.php
Looks like UK has the same setup as Australia.

mazda-cx-5-716.jpg

But I can't figure out who gets this setup, which is perfect.
cx-5-03.jpg

Actually there's a kit available which provides Signature accent scrips only DRL function many people preferred without headlights on. Unfortunately bigtex has never reported back if his installation was a success.

Got the daylight kit today from Japan:

attachment.php
B62TV7790.JPG

I won't have time to mess with it until this weekend, but I found a better description translated from Japanese:

"The front position lights at the same time as the engine starts! exclusive use's original daylight unit It is a kit mainly for using the LED position lamp as a daytime light. ━ ━ ━ product features ━━━ ■ One switch allows ON / OFF of daylight ■ Since a dedicated connector is used, there is no need to cut the wiring! ■ By turning on the daytime lamp, Improve visibility of the vehicle to improve safety Improve safety by turning on the switch ■ Position lamp lights at the same time as the engine starts! ■ Since the genuine connector is used, it is easy to install! This DAYLIGHT UNIT SYSTEM By installing KIT it is possible to light only the genuine position lamp as Daytime light during daytime. Since genuine switch function priority design, light switch is auto, small, even at the position of head light, there is no influence on the vehicle at all when using. ■ With instruction manual with image!"

Also, you have to remember that while DRL's are allowed in the US but not required, they are prohibited in Japan. Not sure how this Japanese mod gets around their DRL ban unless the ban is just against headlights as DRL's as this is a genuine Mazda accessory sold there.
Anyway, I have disabled my current DRL's, so my car is set up just like a stock Japanese car. If all goes well, I should be able to hit the on switch (which is just like the cheap looking little toggle switch that comes with the interior footwell lighting) and the led halo should come on when I start the car. As a bonus, i can still turn all of my lights off if i need to.
But most importantly, I should be able to set the lights to auto and leave this new toggle switch set to on. When I start the car and drive during the day, just the led halo will be lit with no tail lights or parking lights. Then when it gets dark, headlights and tail lights will come on with the halo. Also, for anyone interested in the grille illumination kit, once you have done this mod, all the wiring is ready for that so it would be easy to add the led grille accent if you wanted.

Back