Firmware update problem

JRM1022

:
2016 Mazda CX-5
So I installed the version of the latest software for my dad's CX-5 in preparation to install the apple carplay update. It seemed to have gone okay, and everything is working, but the radio stations are all on the wrong frequency numbers. What went wrong and what do I need to do to fix it?

Last edited:
Just realized what I did. I installed the ADR version instead of the NA version. Can I overwrite the ADR with the NA version? s***!

I was going to say you installed the wrong version.

You certainly should be able to. I can't imagine that causing any issues.

I was going to say you installed the wrong version.

You certainly should be able to. I can't imagine that causing any issues.

Thanks for the reply, I've already made a new flash drive with the correct firmware on it, I'll give it a go tonight.

So I did update the software to the correct North America version, and everything appears to be working correctly including the Android Auto. I'll keep you guys posted in case anything happens, but I think I am good this time. Thanks for all the help!

Are there any noticeable difderences in the latest firmware? like faster menus, etc.
I am wondering whether its worth it to upgrade to 70.

Are there any noticeable difderences in the latest firmware? like faster menus, etc.
I am wondering whether its worth it to upgrade to 70.

Not that I can really tell. From what I understand Mazda doesn't recommend updating to 70.00.100 unless you are going to install the 0000-8F-Z34 kit, but people have done it without any issues.

I did.
As I said, I updated to v70 and waiting for the right timing to install the box.
The box comes with higher power USB.
After update, occasionally, it fails to read my old music USB.
This does not happen often (once a few weeks).
However, that did not happen before. So, there you have it.
It does boot up faster than my old v59.

Back