Drove a 2019 Signature Yesterday

why would you press it again and again? i'm guessing you don't know how this works..
you should actually try it.
once activated it stays on...so all you have to do is brake, rest, go, brake, rest, go...etc.
Only reason you would press the button again is to turn it off.
Also activates the ebrake automatically when you put it in park and turn the engine off.

Not how mine works. Each time you want to use it, you press the thing. Or am I doing it wrong?

1) Brake and fully stop.
2) Press button, and it results in brakes holding with foot off.
3) Go, and it automatically releases.
4) Stop, repeat 1-4 again as needed. Skipping step 2 in this sequence results in rear-ending someone, if you're so inclined and SBS or SBCDSXERS or whatever that hits the brakes for you is not working.

It's pointless.

why would you press it again and again? i'm guessing you don't know how this works..
you should actually try it.
once activated it stays on...so all you have to do is brake, rest, go, brake, rest, go...etc.
Only reason you would press the button again is to turn it off.
Also activates the ebrake automatically when you put it in park and turn the engine off.

Actually, it applies the EPB when you release your seatbelt, regardless of engine or tranny. Try it, it's surprising that it works that way.

Not how mine works. Each time you want to use it, you press the thing. Or am I doing it wrong?

1) Brake and fully stop.
2) Press button, and it results in brakes holding with foot off.
3) Go, and it automatically releases.
4) Stop, repeat 1-4 again as needed. Skipping step 2 in this sequence results in rear-ending someone, if you're so inclined and SBS or SBCDSXERS or whatever that hits the brakes for you is not working.

It's pointless.

Don't know how you could be doing it wrong, but unless they changed it for 19, yours shouldn't be doing that. Once you've turned it on, it stays on until you kill the engine.
Maybe it's another problem with your particular vehicle.

Don't know how you could be doing it wrong, but unless they changed it for 19, yours shouldn't be doing that. Once you've turned it on, it stays on until you kill the engine.

Ok, it does as you say, but its stupid. You have to exceed like 20mph or something to get it to reactivate again. So basically worthless in actual traffic.

*tested it out.

I love the brake hold feature... find it super helpful and would miss it if I had another vehicle without it.

Ok, it does as you say, but its stupid. You have to exceed like 20mph or something to get it to reactivate again. So basically worthless in actual traffic.

*tested it out.

I hate to break it to you, bud, but if that's how yours works, you've got a problem. You do seem to have the worst luck with cars.

But it's also possible that you just don't understand how it works and how to make it work.

Im honestly scared to make use of it considering the E brake wore brakes out. This just seems asking for issues.

Don't be afraid.

Yeah, and then you have to go through the song and dance of pressing it again, etc. etc. Just throw it in park. Less work. Faster. It's a useless button that does what a parking-brake does, except it auto-deactivates. They should replace this superfluous feature with a "LOCK DIFF" button.

It might be better to understand what it does and how to use it rather than dismiss it. Its a good aid to driving and makes the car much safer but if you are struggling to get your head round it, just stick to the basics. Sometimes, small children get a better understanding of these newer gadgets as they grow up with them, just watch how they figure out a TV remote ;-)

It might be better to understand what it does and how to use it rather than dismiss it. Its a good aid to driving and makes the car much safer but if you are struggling to get your head round it, just stick to the basics. Sometimes, small children get a better understanding of these newer gadgets as they grow up with them, just watch how they figure out a TV remote ;-)

I guess i dont randomly roll forward in traffic jams, and this does nothing to prevent it inching alongz stopping, inching, as you need to do 20+ each time to reset it.

Yes it does Unob. If you press that switch once to activate it, it will hold the car every time you inch forward in a traffic jam. You need to press the brake only slightly harder to let it know you want it to activate (it wants you to have the option in case you can see the traffic is about to move). There is a light on the dash to tell you it has activated and the beauty of it is that all four wheels are held so its better if you get rear ended or you are on a poor adhesion surface. With practice (and only a little) you will find it is very easy and very smooth to drive off it. Its superb for hill starts.

Yes it does Unob. If you press that switch once to activate it, it will hold the car every time you inch forward in a traffic jam. You need to press the brake only slightly harder to let it know you want it to activate (it wants you to have the option in case you can see the traffic is about to move). There is a light on the dash to tell you it has activated and the beauty of it is that all four wheels are held so its better if you get rear ended or you are on a poor adhesion surface. With practice (and only a little) you will find it is very easy and very smooth to drive off it. Its superb for hill starts.

Ah, well there it is. Why my brakes last nearly 100K miles. I don't hit 'em hard. That's why it was glitchy AF. i wasn't activating it. Stomping the brakes after it's stopped activates it as this forum says it should be.

Ah, well there it is. Why my brakes last nearly 100K miles. I don't hit 'em hard. That's why it was glitchy AF. i wasn't activating it. Stomping the brakes after it's stopped activates it as this forum says it should be.

Youre misunderstanding the post. You can coast all the way to a stop if you like, push the pedal a bit more deliberately at the light and the hold light activates. When the light turns green step in the gas again. Its a convenience feature nothing more, but I like it.

You*re misunderstanding the post. You can coast all the way to a stop if you like, push the pedal a bit more deliberately at the light and the *hold* light activates. When the light turns green step in the gas again. It*s a convenience feature nothing more, but I like it.

I get it. I just don't ever get on the brakes that hard just sitting there. No sense welding pad material to the rotor, and whether or not the additional pressure would, I don't know, so I just haven't done so really. I know on my Trans Am back in the late 90's, it would "auto hold" if you drove it hard and stood on the brakes at a stop. I presumed it was baking the pads to the rotor and stopped that. Never did it again. So if I wish to use AH, just need a minor driving habit change.

But doesn't have HUD, heated rear seats or vented front seats, no heated steering wheel, no auto high beams, no surround cam, even on the Touring level. I don't see any "seat that moves back" in the specs.

https://automobiles.honda.com/cr-v#

Honestly, if you want to start comparing features, the Hyundai Santa Fe is more on par with the CX-5. Yes, it's bigger, but the higher level trims are really loaded--way more so than the CR-V. 2.0T has 235 HP. Sure, it's not going to drive as well as a CX-5, but nothing in this class will anyway.

Wasnt really advocating one way or another. If you look at the original post I replied to the poster said no car under $40k had those features. Just pointing out the CR-V does. Obviously you can get higher end features in the CX-5, but to get most of what you mentioned requires the GT-R trim which is $5k more than the CR-V. You can argue the extra power and features justify that price increase though.

The seat movement isnt listed but is on Hondas that have memory seats. Also the auto high beam is standard as part of Honda Sensing.

I get it. I just don't ever get on the brakes that hard just sitting there. No sense welding pad material to the rotor, and whether or not the additional pressure would, I don't know, so I just haven't done so really. I know on my Trans Am back in the late 90's, it would "auto hold" if you drove it hard and stood on the brakes at a stop. I presumed it was baking the pads to the rotor and stopped that. Never did it again. So if I wish to use AH, just need a minor driving habit change.

You don't get it. You drive normally, brake normally. After you've come to a stop, a slight extra pressure on the pedal activates the system. Then you can remove your foot from the pedal, and the brakes hold with no absolutely no detriment to your car. When you touch the gas, the brakes release.

If you don't want to use it when it's activated, you just put the normal pressure on the pedal, and it won't engage.

It will do it repeatedly without reaching any target speed as you claim.

Your inexplicable investment in dissing the system is keeping you from understanding it. But it's optional, so you can use it or not. No need to b**** about it, especially since you clearly don't understand it.

You don't get it. You drive normally, brake normally. After you've come to a stop, a slight extra pressure on the pedal activates the system. Then you can remove your foot from the pedal, and the brakes hold with no absolutely no detriment to your car. When you touch the gas, the brakes release.

If you don't want to use it when it's activated, you just put the normal pressure on the pedal, and it won't engage.

It will do it repeatedly without reaching any target speed as you claim.

Your inexplicable investment in dissing the system is keeping you from understanding it. But it's optional, so you can use it or not. No need to b**** about it, especially since you clearly don't understand it.

I was previously unaware of needing extra braking force to activate it. It works as designed, now, for me as well.

I agree with OP. For 38K it ain't too much to ask in 'Signature' trim.

Back