Drove a 2019 Signature Yesterday

Really don't think the CRV is ugly, or looks bad. It's just a bit bland is all. Now that the SIG and GT-R are out, at least noone is talking s*** about the fake wood interior and chrome on the exterior, though, ROFL!

My co-worker has one of those, and the dealer told him that there is nothing wrong with the car.
But they did tell him to change the oil more often "just in case" lol.
That is a much more serious issue than creature comforts.

Yeah, Honda is going to do whatever they need to do to push major issues outside of the warranty period. I was looking at getting a Civic Hatch for my daughter but the FD issue really worries me.

I can't figure out what it does. It's like, if you get lazy but don't want to put it in park or something? Weird.
Its for when you are stuck in several traffic lights. The brake will hold until you press the gas.

It*s for when you are stuck in several traffic lights. The brake will hold until you press the gas.

Yeah, and then you have to go through the song and dance of pressing it again, etc. etc. Just throw it in park. Less work. Faster. It's a useless button that does what a parking-brake does, except it auto-deactivates. They should replace this superfluous feature with a "LOCK DIFF" button.

Really don't think the CRV is ugly, or looks bad. It's just a bit bland is all. Now that the SIG and GT-R are out, at least noone is talking s*** about the fake wood interior and chrome on the exterior, though, ROFL!

This is true...

Yeah, and then you have to go through the song and dance of pressing it again, etc. etc. Just throw it in park. Less work. Faster. It's a useless button that does what a parking-brake does, except it auto-deactivates. They should replace this superfluous feature with a "LOCK DIFF" button.

Wishful thinking at it*s finest...

Wishful thinking at it*s finest...

Hey, I'm kindof relenting on Mazda, here...we wished for more sound deadening and refinement (OK...I DID...back in 2015...when everyone said It WiLL RuiN It! ZoOM ZoOM!!!), and we got it. We wished for a turbo...and we got it. We wished for AA/ACP...we got it. We wished for more luxury items...we got them.

So I'm going to wish for a "LOCK DIFF" and pano options.

Hey, I'm kindof relenting on Mazda, here...we wished for more sound deadening and refinement (OK...I DID...back in 2015...when everyone said It WiLL RuiN It! ZoOM ZoOM!!!), and we got it. We wished for a turbo...and we got it. We wished for AA/ACP...we got it. We wished for more luxury items...we got them.

So I'm going to wish for a "LOCK DIFF" and pano options.

So youre saying whatever we want in a CX-5 might not be unobtanium?

;)

I drove my mom's CRV with the brake hold button and it's definitely a nice feature when you're having to sit at a bunch of traffic lights, especially in areas that tend to have long traffic light cycles (Emerald Coast Pkwy in Walton County and Miramar Beach I'm looking at you!). It lets you get going sooner than shifting out of park or neutral, or releasing the brake (electronic parking brake can be a bit slow to release).

What's the reason for the little pop-up transparent piece for the HUD? GM and other car manufacturers just have a display in the top of the dash which reflects off the windshield glass. So why have a separate motorized piece (something else to break)?

Cheaper. You need a special coating on the windshield to project the HUD there.

The CR-V has remote start, a clearer camera with trajectory guidance, and a seat that that moves back on the EX-L trim and up.

But doesn't have HUD, heated rear seats or vented front seats, no heated steering wheel, no auto high beams, no surround cam, even on the Touring level. I don't see any "seat that moves back" in the specs.

https://automobiles.honda.com/cr-v#

Honestly, if you want to start comparing features, the Hyundai Santa Fe is more on par with the CX-5. Yes, it's bigger, but the higher level trims are really loaded--way more so than the CR-V. 2.0T has 235 HP. Sure, it's not going to drive as well as a CX-5, but nothing in this class will anyway.

Last edited:

why would you press it again and again? i'm guessing you don't know how this works..
you should actually try it.
once activated it stays on...so all you have to do is brake, rest, go, brake, rest, go...etc.
Only reason you would press the button again is to turn it off.
Also activates the ebrake automatically when you put it in park and turn the engine off.

I drove my mom's CRV with the brake hold button and it's definitely a nice feature when you're having to sit at a bunch of traffic lights, especially in areas that tend to have long traffic light cycles (Emerald Coast Pkwy in Walton County and Miramar Beach I'm looking at you!). It lets you get going sooner than shifting out of park or neutral, or releasing the brake (electronic parking brake can be a bit slow to release).

Amen Brother. These lights last forever. I bring a book and wait for the spring breaker behind me to honk.

Back