Drove a 2019 Signature Yesterday

The bendy lines is not something I would change my mind on. Trust me. Because I am intimately familiar with them as mom's Jeep has them. I prefer the straight. The bendys add nothing to your ability to park vs straight lines.
Although to satiate everybody they could do what Jeep does: you can have bendy, you can have straight or....check it out: you can have both! Perfect solution.
One of two things I really like about the Jeep, way more customizable.

I've been saying this all along. Jeep GETS IT when it comes to interior features. They just kill it. The problem is, they are giving you $100K Benz features in a $35K vehicle...so something's gotta give. They picked material quality.

Our 2015 Mazda 3 has a HUD and I really like it. It*s hard enough to avoid the drunks, ding dongs and texters with my full attention on the road. Why take my eyes off of the road to check my speed?
Mike

I mainly like it for NAV. Gone are the days of my 2015 CX5 looking down at my phone to see the turn. HATED that about a TOURING model vehicle. Total BS. Anyway, I thought the HUD would be "meh", but with legit directions beamed up from the NAV, I really am liking it. Mazda did a great job with their HUD.

What's the reason for the little pop-up transparent piece for the HUD? GM and other car manufacturers just have a display in the top of the dash which reflects off the windshield glass. So why have a separate motorized piece (something else to break)?

What's the reason for the little pop-up transparent piece for the HUD? GM and other car manufacturers just have a display in the top of the dash which reflects off the windshield glass. So why have a separate motorized piece (something else to break)?

My 2019 does not have that. Was this something used in early versions?

May I ask: which car has all those you want and cost less than $40k?
Remote start is an accessory one can install later.

The CR-V has remote start, a clearer camera with trajectory guidance, and a seat that that moves back on the EX-L trim and up.

Yes, it was for the early versions. It's a helluva lot cheaper then using special glass.

The CR-V has remote start, a clearer camera with trajectory guidance, and a seat that that moves back on the EX-L trim and up.

......and don't forget the wonderful oil dilution problem many are having with the 5th Gen CR-V. Not only is this a dealbreaker, but the manner in which Honda is dealing with this issue is deplorable. Head on over to crvownersclub.com and read all about it.
Mike

Mazda has 2 versions on HUD worldwide. But in US CX-5 has only one version, the one uses the windshield to display. The HUD with pop-up transparent screen has never been used on CX-5 in the US.

Yep, Honda CR-V does have more features OP wants, such as factory remote engine start、12-way power driver seat with 4-way power lumbar supportmulti-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines、HondaLink which shows direct-read tire pressures、door handle sensor which opens locked door without pushing a bottom.

But Honda CR-V does have other issues like I mentioned earlier. Compromise is necessary.

this feature makes you feel like a jet fighter pilot!
press the start button and the HUD glass pops up and...displays some useful information.
Always enjoyed the HUD glass movement when i start the car.

Biggest reason I didn*t get the tech package is because I can*t look at hud*s. I get motion sickness and dizzyness so bad in about a minute of driving. Almost puked after driving one. It sucks but what do ya do. If they had a option to turn it off and stay off I may have gotten the option package oh well.

oh man that is not good,
i'm guessing you probably also can't surf the web when in the passenger seat without getting dizzy? =(

I wasn't debating the issue of oil dilution or it's seriousness, was just a matter of fact reply that the CR-V does come with everything but power steering wheel for under the $40k mark. I would probably still buy a CR-V as I'm in a warm weather state where it rarely if ever gets below 60, but I would think long and hard about it.

I actually drive a 2018 Accord Hybrid now and it's a wonderful car and it's refreshing some of the features it has that the Mazda doesn't. For one, the lane keep and auto cruise control are worlds better than the Mazda. The Honda will actually keep you dead center in the lane while the Mazda would bounce you around, and the auto cruise is much smoother when someone moves over into your lane and doesn't hit the brakes hard like in the CX-5. Also the entertainment is much better where the XM radio will not only rewind like the older Mazda systems used to, but all your presets will actually buffer once the car starts and when you switch stations it will go back to the beginning of whatever song is currently playing. The stereo in the CX-5 is better, but the functionality is not.

We still have the CX-5 in the family, but it's our last Mazda after the issues with the vibration, clunking suspension that can't be fixed, etc and the dealer can't seem to solve and no help from Corporate.

I*ve owned a number of Honda*s and have enjoyed them. I*ve owned 3 Accords, a Fit and now an S2000.

I spend half of our year in Montana so I feel the CR-V is not an option. Net of the dilution issue, I*d try one out today. I think we*ll probably end up with the CX-5 at some point. The safety features are a big part of our decision to upgrade. Since we purchased our 2015 Mazda 3, lots of new features have hit the market.

Biggest reason I didn*t get the tech package is because I can*t look at hud*s. I get motion sickness and dizzyness so bad in about a minute of driving. Almost puked after driving one. It sucks but what do ya do. If they had a option to turn it off and stay off I may have gotten the option package oh well.

You could just block the projector with a piece of black cardboard or something, no?

But ya it should definitely stay off if turned off.

Right, but it's also a dog compared to the Signature CX5. Throw in a powertrain like the CX5 has, and it would be arguable, for sure!

I just bought a CX-5 Signature and love it. Every other comparable option would have cost me $10K more. You can get the curvy lines on the backup camera if you change the view. I do wish they would allow you to select the 360 view as the default, but it's no issue touching the screen when I need it. The only thing better would be active parking assist, but so far I've only really seen that in Ford products.

I disagree for the 1,000th time that Mazda needs those stupid curvy lines in the backup camera. You people wanting that are embarrassing me. Learn how to use the static lines. They are 100% as good as the bendy's. The bendy's provide zero benefit to someone that is even moderately decent at backing up. Z-E-R-O
Stop it.
:D
(I am of course exaggerating, y'all don't embarrass me! lol)

+1
I only use the cam to make sure no one is behind when I back out. Still use the mirrors to reverse the car in.
The resolution on the cam can be improved, but you only look at it when in reverse, so it's not an issue.
Remote start... meh.
I don't care really care for the electronic parking brake though. Wish I had my old "lever" back.

......and don't forget the wonderful oil dilution problem many are having with the 5th Gen CR-V. Not only is this a dealbreaker, but the manner in which Honda is dealing with this issue is deplorable. Head on over to crvownersclub.com and read all about it.
Mike

My co-worker has one of those, and the dealer told him that there is nothing wrong with the car.
But they did tell him to change the oil more often "just in case" lol.
That is a much more serious issue than creature comforts.

+1
I only use the cam to make sure no one is behind when I back out. Still use the mirrors to reverse the car in.
The resolution on the cam can be improved, but you only look at it when in reverse, so it's not an issue.
Remote start... meh.
I don't care really care for the electronic parking brake though. Wish I had my old "lever" back.

i like the side brakes as well, but i do really like the auto hold feature with the electronic e-brake.

Back