Drove a 2019 Signature Yesterday

Yup. *Bendy lines suck*, until you have them. Then it*s *bendy lines are a must have, super useful!*

Lol. Seen it here many times just like you mentioned.

The Nissan rental we have has them and I like them. Are they absolutely required? No. But are they useful? Yes.

The Nissan rental we have has them and I like them. Are they absolutely required? No. But are they useful? Yes.

Yeah thats basically the point. Everyone here acts all tough... I dont need that s***.

need? no, but nice to have? Yes.

Then once they experience it/them they come to a mutual respect and turn the tuff guy attitude back on for other things the CX5 lacks but is available on the competition.

Wash> Rinse> repeat.

If you have bendy lines and you don't like them. Put the car in reverse pull the parking brake and get down go to the rear and straighten them once and for good! You need arms of steel. Not arms of flabs to do it.

Kind of like the speed display on the windshield, I thought it was kind of ridiculous until I drove a later model with it, now I want it...

Off topic OP but I just noticed your location. We try to visit most every year, last year was the first time with our CX5. We always stay at the Sea Cabins condos.

36999176_693499737662121_5024055066991001600_n.jpg

Off topic OP but I just noticed your location. We try to visit most every year, last year was the first time with our CX5.

This is our second winter at Seascape. It*s been a cold bugger but much warmer than our summer place in Montana.

Mike

Kind of like the speed display on the windshield, I thought it was kind of ridiculous until I drove a later model with it, now I want it...

Our 2015 Mazda 3 has a HUD and I really like it. It*s hard enough to avoid the drunks, ding dongs and texters with my full attention on the road. Why take my eyes off of the road to check my speed?
Mike

Last edited:

x2, I've grown to really like the ADD. It's not a necessity of course, but it's nice not having to take my eyes off the road, even briefly.

Our 2015 Mazda 3 has a HUD and I really like it. It*s hard enough to avoid the drinks, ding dongs and texters with my full attention on the road. Why take my eyes off of the road to check my speed?
Mike

2014 mazda 3 here, love the HUD however it's a bit outdated on mine, especially when you see the new color HUD with traffic sign recognition, not sure why anyone would want to turn this off?
It's such a great feature.

Oh, you've been around long enough to know how this goes...

WE DON'T NEED SOUND INSULATION! IT WILL RUIN THE HANDLING!
THIS CAR IS ABOUT DRIVING! IF YOU WANT COMFORT, BUY A RAV4 OR OTHER APPLIANCE!
ZOOMZOOM!

Oh how the mantra has changed. You do have a point.

I have a loaded 18 X3 and the seats and wheel dont move for egress. Its an SUV what would you need that for? I would have appreciated that in my M4 though.

The first thing I did when I bought my Infiniti was turn off the seat/steering wheel movements upon entry and exit.

Now, Im not going to crap on the feature itself, but really, I just dont want to pay for any new Infiniti motors or actuators. And knowing my luck they would fail. Luckily I have no problems getting in or out of my vehicle either.

My Lexus has the seat and steering wheel "easy exit" feature. I drive with the seat full back, so only the steering wheel moves. It's nice, but again, I don't feel I NEED it. :)

During our SUV shopping, I was surprised by how few lux vehicles even have the powered steering wheel. Not Audi, nor BMW. Just Mercedes and Lexus.

The bendy lines is not something I would change my mind on. Trust me. Because I am intimately familiar with them as mom's Jeep has them. I prefer the straight. The bendys add nothing to your ability to park vs straight lines.
Although to satiate everybody they could do what Jeep does: you can have bendy, you can have straight or....check it out: you can have both! Perfect solution.
One of two things I really like about the Jeep, way more customizable.

2014 mazda 3 here, love the HUD however it's a bit outdated on mine, especially when you see the new color HUD with traffic sign recognition, not sure why anyone would want to turn this off?
It's such a great feature.

Biggest reason I didn*t get the tech package is because I can*t look at hud*s. I get motion sickness and dizzyness so bad in about a minute of driving. Almost puked after driving one. It sucks but what do ya do. If they had a option to turn it off and stay off I may have gotten the option package oh well.

The bendy lines is not something I would change my mind on. Trust me. Because I am intimately familiar with them as mom's Jeep has them. I prefer the straight. The bendys add nothing to your ability to park vs straight lines.
Although to satiate everybody they could do what Jeep does: you can have bendy, you can have straight or....check it out: you can have both! Perfect solution.
One of two things I really like about the Jeep, way more customizable.
Yeah customization is a nice thing to have. Satisfy both schools of thought. :)

I have a loaded *18 X3 and the seats and wheel don*t move for egress. It*s an SUV what would you need that for? I would have appreciated that in my M4 though.

Exactly. In a sports car, the sear sits straight up or slightly forward, and you are closer to the wheel/pedals, when you're really getting it. Tie in with the seatbelt ratchet mechanism, etc. Now for just cruising around, or an SUV? This is a foreign concept.

Back