Drove a 2019 Signature Yesterday

Actually, closer to $35K after minimal negotiations.

And OP's "cons" weren't important to me. And cameras are adequate IMO.

YMMV

At risk of sounding like a Homer, Mazda's con's aren't something important to me. Most of them at least.

Cheaper. You need a special coating on the windshield to project the HUD there.

It's not so much the coating, as anything emitting light from the dashboard top will be reflected partially by the windshield, coating or not. But to prevent a ghosted double image in the laminated glass, the glass layers have to be at different angles using a wedge piece of PVB between the laminated glass layers. From a Vette forum:

"I am a process engineer for the company that makes the HUD windshields for the Corvette, Park Avenue, and Cadilac XLR. Your ghosting problem will not be solveable. A windshield is made from two layers of glass with a layer of PVB (vinyl) between them. When you project a HUD image on the windshield you get a reflected image from the inside sufrace and one from the outside surface. In a normal (non-HUD)windshield these surfaces are parallel and therefore the images are offest from eachother producing a ghosted image. The Dupont vinyl for a HUD windshield ("Butacite" wedge vinyl)is thicker at the top than at the bottom. This makes the two reflecting surfaces nonparallel and the two reflected images are superimposed. Each car model requires a model specific vinyl wedge angle to achieve this. This angle is very small, in the Corvette the angle is only 0.24 miliradians."

Wasn*t really advocating one way or another. If you look at the original post I replied to the poster said no car under $40k had those features. Just pointing out the CR-V does. Obviously you can get higher end features in the CX-5, but to get most of what you mentioned requires the GT-R trim which is $5k more than the CR-V. You can argue the extra power and features justify that price increase though.

The seat movement isn*t listed but is on Honda*s that have memory seats. Also the auto high beam is standard as part of Honda Sensing.

Understood, but if OP is lamenting about missing features, I can't imagine that he/she wants to drop other (more) features to get the missing ones.

Back