Thread: Is anybody having seat comfort issues?

Registered Member

2017 Honda CR-V AWD

Is anybody having seat comfort issues?

I test drove a GT-R the other day and I loved the drive, however the seat comfort was God-awful. It broke my heart. Has anyone here had seat comfort issues, and if so did you find a way to solve the issue?
    2017 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD

Prospective 2019 CX-5 Buyer

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Seats are very meh. Definitely a low point.

2016 Mazda CX-5

I think the seats in my dad's 2016 CX-5 are more comfortable than the ones in my 2015 Subaru Outback. The Outback has nicer cloth though. Neither car's seats are as comfortable as my old 2004 Camrys seats were. Those were sooo comfortable.

Registered Member

2016 CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
    I test drove a GT-R the other day and I loved the drive, however the seat comfort was God-awful. It broke my heart. Has anyone here had seat comfort issues, and if so did you find a way to solve the issue?
    I've only had my '19 for a few days, but in that time driven about 450 miles.
    My '16 had significantly firmer seat cushioning, which I think I may prefer. For me the hard/firm drivers seat of the 2016 CX-5 was my favorite part of the vehicle.
    Last edited by DG_1234; 03-17-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Signature

For me, the seats are way more comfortable than my wife's old CR-V. That said, it's a very personal thing. One person may think a seat is the most comfortable ever, while another will think it's the opposite. If you truly can't find a comfortable position, you shouldn't buy it. Nothing worse than being stuck with an issue like that.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

I think i depends on a person's size and shape.

I love the seats in most Mazdas as they fit me perfectly, but I am a smaller guy.

I agree with above. Wife and I passed on many "luxury" vehicles because of personal fit in the seats. She is 5' tall, and it is even more important for her what is adjustable, and how comfortable things are.

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 GT

I bought my '18 GT brand new and I'd say it definitely took 1,000 miles or so until the seats were "broken in." As for the support, my only complaint is how the side of the seats hug you when you're taking a turn fast. There is a spongy feeling that allows you to slide left to right a little bit.
    2018 Mazda CX-5 GT
    2016 Mazda CX-5 T -- sold
    2015 Yamaha FZ09 (Melisandre)
    2012 Yamaha R6 (Lucy) -- laid to rest
    2009 Mazda 3 (Fireball)
    1998 Chevy S-10 (Cindy)

Registered Member

Cx5

The seats are definitely lacking. The base isnít wide enough and the bolsters dig into your thighs. The bolsters also arenít high enough to be very effective.

The side bolsters for the back of the seat are kind of a joke. To be fair, Iím a smaller guy, but I slide around too much. A let down considering itís a sportier driving vehicle.

The seats in the 16 have a better base. The side bolsters do not dig into your thighs and are high enough to prevent you from sliding around. I find the side bolsters for the back are similar to the 19 and donít do a good job holding me in place.

The seats in the 16 3 I had were much more supportive and held me in place.