Landmark CX5's

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
As some of you know I always try to get some kind of photo game going here at the forum. I've done nothing but fail at this. I love people being creative with pics and thier cars.

Well here's my latest attempt: show us your car in a pic with a significant landmark. Doesn't have to be historic...anything will do.

I'm on Jury Duty now and parking by this one gave me the idea. I present Black Betty in front of First Energy (Cleveland Browns) Stadium.
1966c24554d5b2d27f6988bd1e8acec7.jpg

Cool pic! I think that's the first time I heard of your CX-5 having a name.

Surprised it turned out that well. Even almost centered perfectly. It was super sunny and I could barely see my phone. :D

I was flipping through radio stations on my way home with her that very first day and that song was on. Hadn't heard it in forever and I took it as a sign.
Woah, Black Betty... wham a lam!
:D

The Alamo and Tower of the Americas
4Jq82xr.jpg

U6Pim41.jpg

Last edited:
Don't let the door hit you on the way out... [emoji16]
Nice Chris.

*bump*
WHAT DO i HAVE TO DO TO GET YOU PEOPLE TO PLAY PHOTO CAR GAMES WITH ME?

Yea, I love it too. Both those things. :D

The wheels were just a lucky happenstance. I wanted some winter rims. Went to Tirerack. Put in my car: show me the cheapest rims and it was those: $99 each. Promptly bought them. Posted it here in the show me your wheels thread and that's when I noticed they only had 2 left on Tirerack. Apparently I got the last full set and they've never restocked them.

Apparently I got the last full set and they've never restocked them.

Unless I am mistaking the wheel brand, I've seen those in-stock plenty of times, just not for that price.

I'm toying with getting a rim set for either my winters or summers. Same size tires currently, so doesn't matter which. I don't know that the black on black is going to be my thing, but I did see some black wheels with some white/metal colored accents that look pretty good. I also might just buy a cheap 19" set, take the Vampire Fangs from my sister's 2016 GT she has had nothing but problems with and is looking to trade back in and then put the cheap set on it before she trades it. We'll see :D

Last edited:
Unless I am mistaking the wheel brand, I've seen those in-stock plenty of times, just not for that price.

I'm toying with getting a rim set for either my winters or summers. Same size tires currently, so doesn't matter which. I don't know that the black on black is going to be my thing, but I did see some black wheels with some white/metal colored accents that look pretty good. I also might just buy a cheap 19" set, take the Vampire Fangs from my sister's 2016 GT she has had nothing but problems with and is looking to trade back in and then put the cheap set on it before she trades it. We'll see :D

I like gunmetal rims on black, but I normally get them with a polished lip, and I don't know about that on a CX-5. Gunmetal would love amazing on this bad ass blue color I have too, haha... The 16 MY 19 inch stockers do suffice though. Ain't really that bad, a few pounds too heavy, an inch or so too slim, but all in all, look pretty decent...

Back