What features do you miss from the car you traded for the CX5?

No, Murky. He is saying when you are set to Auto that adjusting the intermittent setting affects the sensitivity. He's right.

That is true - it does have an effect, and I think it kind of does what the engineers had in mind.

But in my experience it's still just as dumb/inconsistent regardless of the sensitivity set by the intermittent speed dial.
I've messed around with it a bit to make sure that I wasn't being dense... So I feel confident enough in my testing to say that it's just bad. IMO. :p

You do know you can control how they operate by selecting from the different intermittent positions on the stalk, right???

Yeah, but many of us are used to vehicles that do this for us, setting the speed based on vehicle speed as well as downpour density. It DOES help, what you're saying, but it's still very sub-par.

My previous car was a Corolla with the CVT. I missed the heated side mirrors, rear legroom and the lower RPM cruising speed. I feel like the CX-5 could use another overdrive gear. The CVT would cruise at around 2000RPM around 75MPH.

Yeah it does seem weird that it's not lower, having 6 gears and all. I'm still happy with ours though, considering my Integra turns almost 4,000 RPM at 75 MPH!!!

Yeah, but many of us are used to vehicles that do this for us, setting the speed based on vehicle speed as well as downpour density. It DOES help, what you're saying, but it's still very sub-par.

My Volvo works exactly like Mazda's does. Personally, I prefer having some input on the sensitivity. And I think they both work well.

No, Murky. He is saying when you are set to Auto that adjusting the intermittent setting affects the sensitivity. He's right.

Yeah, I think I cranked it to most sensitive, and was still not sensitive enough, then forgot about the adjustment.

It's possible I have a parking placard blocking, I'll have to check where the camera is.

I miss nothing from the Acura RDX I traded in. I think the Gen2 RDX is entirely outclassed by the CX-5. The new RDX is closer to the mark but to equal what I got on my CX-5 it would have cost me $10K more.

Buddy just got a 19 RDX. Drives nice but I really hate the interior. Feel totally disconnected.

I miss nothing from the Acura RDX I traded in. I think the Gen2 RDX is entirely outclassed by the CX-5. The new RDX is closer to the mark but to equal what I got on my CX-5 it would have cost me $10K more.

Interesting in that you dont miss anything from the RDX. I recently traded-in a 2013 RDX and so far I kinda miss the following features.

The more pleasant V6 sound when hard accelerating.
Top down rear camera view. Great view for tight parallel parking.
Auto tilt-down mirrors. Handy at preventing alloy rim curb rash. Although after positioning the CX-5 mirrors this is now a non issue.
Front covered phone storage with USB plug.
Larger centre console bin and arm rest.
Better position for the cup holders.
Getting a car loaner when servicing vehicle

Overall though I agree with you that the CX-5 is a class above RDX Gen 2. Hopefully that also includes long term reliably because the RDX was very reliable in the time period of ownership.

Traded in a BMW 228 with Manual trans, and M-Sport package. I miss the handling but still overall, no regrets

Coming from a 400hp wrx sti. I miss the power/handling/braking/sound.

But I dont miss the problems that came with it. Money pit.
And a cop magnet.

my dad just got a 19' honda passport, not a big fan of the interior. honda/acura has way too much going on inside their vehicles. one thing I do wish and I'm sure Mazda will put into their next cx5 (the 19 mazda3 already has the option for) is the wireless charging pad.

All windows up & all windows down with the key in the door and adjustable center armrest(08' VW Rabbit).

I believe the 2018+ CX-5 models have this now.

well i got the old one and everyday i curse at mazda

i've been toying with the idea of switching the driver's windows switches to the new cx9 and maybe the window motor actuators aswell but unsure if this would work. PCM might scream F U! driver1 aint gonna work on my watch! (spin)

I had BMW 3 series before and I do not miss any thing. CX5 is a much better car in all respect, more comfortable, better acceleration, quieter, consumes less petrol and has 4 wheel drive. The steering is on par with BMW. Stability on sharp curve was slightly better with BMW but it was a lower car than cx5. I hope it is far more reliable than BMW. Time will tell.

6-disk CD changer. Oh wait... no I don't.

About the only thing I'll miss, is not worrying about where I parked it.

Back