What features do you miss from the car you traded for the CX5?

Individual tire pressure gauge. I thought I saw a thread a while back where someone installed some sort of digital gauge that gave each tire's pressure. Anyone have the name of that gauge/screen?

Oh, and a bigger fuel tank and interior led lighting in the footwells etc.

Here you go: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Been using it for over a year; first on my '17 GT and now on my '19 Signature.

Here you go: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Been using it for over a year; first on my '17 GT and now on my '19 Signature.

Looks interesting.
Where and how are you mounting it, if you're mounting it?
How are you powering it, if you're using it constantly [not just spot checking]?
Did you train it to recognize all 4, or are you running it in "unidentified mode"?

Looks interesting.
Where and how are you mounting it, if you're mounting it?
How are you powering it, if you're using it constantly [not just spot checking]?
Did you train it to recognize all 4, or are you running it in "unidentified mode"?

• Mounted with Velcro on top of center vent closest to the driver. The *fuzzy* side is stuck to the vent.
  • Using a small 12v to USB power plug in the receptacle in the front console cubby. The receptacle is powered only when the ignition is on; so it*s powered whenever the vehicle is running.
  • I have it trained to recognize all four tires ... and it saved my bacon just after Thanksgiving last year when it warned me of a low RR tire. Was able to pull off the road and take care of the issue.
This is pricier than I*d like, but it works perfectly. I*ll likely purchase another for use in my *19 30th Anniversary Miata when it arrives late June or early July.

I miss my Rav4's ability to lock the rear differential when you needed it. Other than that, I miss nothing about it. The CX-5 is miles ahead.

From my 2003 (!!) BMW...

- rain-sensing wipers with a brain
- proper interior illumination

My wipers are fine. Whats up with yours? I did like the ones in my Jeep that varied by vehicle speed and downpour amount, but the cx5s arent too far behind.

My 2009 pontiac vibe gt hatchback had a normal 12v wall type power outlet in the back seat and hatch area, I wish the cx-5 has this. My 2000 honda accord coupe has the sunroof controls down by the dash kinda around where we have the traction control button, I loved that position. Having the controls up top I feel like I'm flipping people off when I'm closing my sunroof lol

Having the controls up top I feel like I'm flipping people off when I'm closing my sunroof lol

Lmao I was thinking the other day as I was opening my sunroof "I hope the .guy behind me doesn't think I'm giving him the finger..."

Lmao I was thinking the other day as I was opening my sunroof "I hope the .guy behind me doesn't think I'm giving him the finger..."

Yeah I tend to use those buttons with my middle finger lol I've had a few occasions where I merged in front of someone and I gave them the peace sign to thank them but they flipped me off. After it happened the 3rd time I think people think I was flipping them off when I gave them the peace sign :/

I miss the keyless entry system I had with my Ford Escape SEL. I could lock the keys inside the vehicle and use the keypad on the driver window pillar to open the locked vehicle. It was handy when you didn't want to carry around the Fob while out hiking or at the beach.

Wade

Headrests are sub par. Need fore / aft adjustments. 1996 BMW 3 series previously . Otherwise , an excellent vehicle at price point

Hands free lift gate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIaw94MpkBI

Rear visibility. Adjustable/sliding center console hand rest. Stop and go city mileage. Dead pedal cover. Lateral/horizontal driver side leg room. Also front seats on 2017 and up feel cramped/small.

Likes: Walkaway door lock. Automatic door lock once vehicle start moving (Main reason I chose CX-5 instead of Forester)

You do know you can control how they operate by selecting from the different intermittent positions on the stalk, right???

I second this. I turned mine off after the very first drive in the rain in my cx5. They perform erratically at best.

Nothing. Wife's old ride was a bucket of a car. I guess I do prefer a temperature gauge, and the lower roof height (easier to wash), but other than that, nada.

Only thing I miss from my Maxima is the homelink option.

Thing I don't miss is stopping at the gas station and filling up with premium fuel.

really like the homelink option, wasn't offered on my 3 when it first came out 2014MY, added it aftermarket, was way cheaper to do so =)
currently moving from mazda 3 to cx-5 signature, not sure what i'll miss as everything is an upgrade ;)

You do know you can control how they operate by selecting from the different intermittent positions on the stalk, right???

Only one of the choices is Rain Sensing. And if Rain Sensing is enabled, there is no choice of intermittent. I would like to be able to adjust the sensitivity of activation for the Rain Sensing, and also be able to adjust the rate the wipers move once rain is sensed. I think I prefer more wiping than other people.

Also, there should be an option to have the rear wiper activated when the front wiper is -Preferably at a rate that is independently determined/adjusted.

But most important, there should be a pause/resume button for media playback instead of just mute.

My previous car was a Corolla with the CVT. I missed the heated side mirrors, rear legroom and the lower RPM cruising speed. I feel like the CX-5 could use another overdrive gear. The CVT would cruise at around 2000RPM around 75MPH.

Only one of the choices is Rain Sensing. And if Rain Sensing is enabled, there is no choice of intermittent. I would like to be able to adjust the sensitivity of activation for the Rain Sensing, and also be able to adjust the rate the wipers move once rain is sensed. I think I prefer more wiping than other people.

Also, there should be an option to have the rear wiper activated when the front wiper is -Preferably at a rate that is independently determined/adjusted.

But most important, there should be a pause/resume button for media playback instead of just mute.
No, Murky. He is saying when you are set to Auto that adjusting the intermittent setting affects the sensitivity. He's right.

Back