2004 Mazda 3 Cheap way to add AUX or Bluetooth?

I just got a new-to-me 2004 Mazda 3 hatchback. I love the car(aside from some verrry ugly mods the previous owners added to make it look more sporty). I want to listen to my music in the car but as we know there is no AUX or Bluetooth. I'd just burn a CD mixtape but... It's 2019 and I don't have a CD burner in my PC. Is there a cheap option to add one or both to my car? Thanks!

Crutchfield has some inexpensive receivers that have AUX input. They also provide easy to use instructions and any required cable harness/adapters.
Another less expensive solution is the FM transmitter adapters that plug into the cigarette lighter. They don't sound as good but the price is good.

What I did was add a 3.5mm aux cable to the head unit, I then bought a Bluetooth > USB adapter from ebay. There are many to choose from but make sure it has a 3.5mm input. I then used a 12v socket to usb adapter, hid all the cables and worked a treat. If I select the Aux source, my adapter talks and says something like Bluetooth ready. Ands then you can connect your phone. Obviously you don't get any steering wheel controls and still have to use your phone. But you can use Android Auto on the phone and then listen to spotify and get google navigation instructions all out the main speakers.

Back