CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Mazda's upcoming CX-30 on your shopping list?

Founder

Blog Entries
    Ahhh...Yeah, good point about possibly going for a more rugged look although the sheetmetal is still very sleek and sporty...Looking at it again, it does seem to be raised up a bit...

I wonder just how much the CX-30 shares with the Mazda3...Hmmm...

Gen-1 Kodo Design 👌 ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

I don't know...a 4x4 in my book is not at all that sort of car....

Guess we'll see what happens.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 86k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

Registered Member

Mazda CX-3 Optimum 120HP Aut.

I'm very interested, as it's gonna be cheaper than the CX-5 and closer to the CX-3 (that we currently have) in size and price (hopefully only slightly more expensive).

I would love the Skyactiv-X but the normal Skyactiv-G is fine. I'm gonna try both though, when they are released.
    Mazda CX-3 Optimum 2.0 Skyactiv-G 120HP Automatic

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    I'm very interested, as it's gonna be cheaper than the CX-5 and closer to the CX-3 (that we currently have) in size and price (hopefully only slightly more expensive).

I would love the Skyactiv-X but the normal Skyactiv-G is fine. I'm gonna try both though, when they are released.

Although a much lower price point, would the CX-30 be considered in the same class as the X1, CLA, & Q3? If so, I can't see it competing
    in the NA market with Skyactiv-G (which is what is rumored to power the NA version).

The Q3 just upped the ante with it's forthcoming sportsback: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...onfirmed-2020/

I just hope that Mazda doesn't slow play and start us with the less powerful engine. I guess we'll have to wait until the LA Auto Show to find out- I'm
    hoping details are released during the NYAS in April.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-3 Optimum 120HP Aut.

I think in here Europe, the CX-30 will target the Nissan Quashqai, Opel Grandland, Renault Kadjar and the like.
    The X1, GLA and Q3 are in a different segment and a bit more expensive and more on price with the CX-5.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    I think in here Europe, the CX-30 will target the Nissan Quashqai, Opel Grandland, Renault Kadjar and the like.
    The X1, GLA and Q3 are in a different segment and a bit more expensive and more on price with the CX-5.
    While I agree with you that the CX-5 (Signature & GTR) is in the conversation with X1, GLA and Q3, I think that the
    Q3 hatchback would compete with a turbo CX-30 or possibly Skyactive-X engine. Without those 2 options (in the states at least) I think that
    Mazda is missing out.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

Is this size in between a cx3 and a cx5? Also is it being released in USA? Seems like a weird niche.

Registered Member

2013 Mazda CX-5, 2.0 Manual Transmission, 1989 Mazda MX-6

I would be very interested in a smaller cx-5. If Mazda does not offer a manual transmission, I will not consider it. Another thing I would like is it offered in flat white paint. Not really into the mica sparkle. Most all other companies have white paint. I see new BMW with white paint, not sure why Mazda won't do this.

Consumer reports says it will be offered with manual trans and 2.0 engine, But not so sure they will have the 2.0 ( which I would prefer over the 2.5).

On the cx-5 I also like the way Mazda monitors the tire pressure on my CX-5 without the sensors on the wheel. So I hope Mazda is listening.

Registered Member

If my CX5 was totaled, God forbid, and these were on the lot I would consider it.

Registered Member

2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3 Grand Touring

I need a new daily work driver and I've been putting it off for a couple years. Right now I have an '06 Mazda 3 GTS that's been relatively trouble free. (I also have a 2000 Millenia that only has about 75,000 miles - until a few months ago I'd only spent $25 in repairs - now that total is still less than $1,000.) I kept waiting for the diesel CX-5 but have decided it's never going to happen even though it's still on the Mazda website. I've found the CX-3 much better looking than the CX-5 but it's way too small for my taste - I test drove one about a year ago. I had never heard of the CX-30 until a few days ago when I saw this forum. The CX-30 is now on the Mazda website along side the diesel CX-5. From everything I've now been able to read and see, I'm interested in the CX30. I think it looks nice, cladding and all. I think it's even better looking than the CX-3. I've been tempted to defect from Mazda and came within a nat's breath of buying a Jeep Grand Cherokee Upland a few months ago - I had the deal made but after sleeping on it I didn't want to spend the money. I'm actually more tired of the 3 than it being worn out - it's 13 years old with about 132,000 miles. Now I have a new goal post for a different vehicle - when the CX-30 comes out. I just wish it would be available in the Ceramic Metallic like the CX-3 and Miata... (I'm not going to hold my breathe on that...)

Registered Member

2019 cx-5 signature. 2019 cx-3 awd touring

Quote Originally Posted by Supercrewbear View Post
    I need a new daily work driver and I've been putting it off for a couple years.
    although we own 2 mazdas in the household cx-3 and cx-5, i hear that mazda is releasing their hybrid cars end of year.
    If good, which i think it will, i will probably add another mazda to the stable.

Donated: $10

2008 MX5 SE 33Y/2016.5 CX-5 GT 42M/2010 3i T 38L/2008 3s GT 34N

Going back to the cladding, I am just happy that Mazda didn't follow Hyundai regarding the Kona. I like the Kona's lines but they killed it by wrapping the black plastic around the head and taillights. It makes the car look cheap.

I see a date of 2020 so not a contender for us this year.

Donated: $40
    Miata & NEMOC Moderator

2016 Miata Club, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175

Quote Originally Posted by CTt3P5 View Post
    Going back to the cladding, I am just happy that Mazda didn't follow Hyundai regarding the Kona. I like the Kona's lines but they killed it by wrapping the black plastic around the head and taillights. It makes the car look cheap.

I see a date of 2020 so not a contender for us this year.
    Iíll definitely check one out, Iím hoping to get my PT job this summer at the local Mazda dealer so maybe I can get up close and personal with one..."

Registered Member

Mazda, Protege5 2002

this is on my list for sure. i think the CX5 is too big for me. i love mazda seating position

Registered Member

2018 Mazda 3 GT Hatch

This has the potential to be a winner, though not sure about overlap between the new 3 hatch with AWD and the CX-30. Seem like potentially very similar in size and function. I do like the look of the CX-30 over the new 3 hatch. I am in the camp that doesn't like the cladding though. We'll see what the engine choices are here in the US. I am not holding my breath that we will see AWD with a manual trans. Didn't happen with the new 3 so not likely here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast