CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is Mazda's upcoming CX-30 on your shopping list?

Registered Member

2010 3 Hatch GT 6 Speed manual

I am intrigued by the CX-30 although all the plastic cladding is a negative for me. I currently drive a 2010 3 Hatchback 6 speed with 73k miles on it. I love this car and not looking to trade up for a few more years (I hope!). It's been very reliable and I love driving it. I thought I might want to go with a CX-5 next time but after driving one while mine was in for repairs I decided it was not for me. I don't like the huge C-pillar on the new 3's, the visibility is horrible. Also I read they are changing the independent rear suspension to a torsion beam set up on the 2020 3's and the CX-30 will have the same underpinnings as the 3. I believe this will significantly impact the handling of the car. Big disappointment!

Registered Member

'16.5 JBM CX-5 AWD GT tech, '19 Veloster N

Just took my 16 in for its first service, got a loaded non-turbo 19 CX-5 loaner and I'm 99.9% sure that won't be my next car and a turbo doesn't address my main issues with it which are the seats and the steering. In pics the 30s seats look more aggressive so quite hopeful there and the fact that this model wasn't designed for our market so hope the heavier steering and tauter suspension make a comeback also.. To previous post I was disappointed as you are about the loss of the independent rear but I don't think it will ruin the car- Mazda seems to know how to engineer and implement better than most..so we'll see. The cladding is excessive and a bit cheese but if they get the important parts right I can overlook the looks.
    247 community defender of: gen1 steering, styling, seats and gated shifter, compression ignition, rwd, Asian twins, winter tires, manual: tailgates, transmissions, ebrakes, also liquid silver and Lawson's Liquids FTFW!

1983 Toyota Celica GTS 5MT
    1984 Toyota Supra 5MT- oh what a feelin!
    1991 Toyota MR2T 6MT- Awesome
    2002 MB C230 Coupe 6MT- 1st new car(chosen over GTI)- good until gremlins
    +enter bad driveway
    2006 Acura TL 6MT (shortest ownership by far 1year of tq steer&driveway fails>enough)
    2007 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L -It didn't break
    2009 BMW 128i 6MT - End of the old-school bimmers- should have kept.. wanted 4drs
    2014 Mazda CX-5 AWD GT - Solid vehicle sans brakes..few issues @90k+
    2015 BMW X1 RWD Msport - Liked it, fast and still did donuts, e-steering=fail
    2019 Hyundai Veloster N- 6MT or bust bitch (love that)fun/dollar untouchable right now
    2016.5 CX-5 AWD GT - Stickin w/swoop, wheel upgrade, really just wanted to ape 7ereg

Registered Member

Mazda CX-3 Optimum 120HP Aut.

I was out test driving the CX-30 Skyactiv-G (122hp) with auto transmission a few days ago.
    The engine is a bit sluggish compared to my current CX-30 (with 120hp and auto transmission) but it was driving fine.
    The car it self is miles ahead of the CX-3.
    The interior is extremely nice and quiet, the seats are excellent and it's well build, so a very premium feel.
    It was very easy to find a good driving position (it had electric seats). Every control is basically like in previous models, so everything worked as I'm used to.
    The infotainment system is a huge improvement, quicker, better resolution and the menus are a bit different but not much (mostly they are vertical now instead of hoizontal).

Overall an excellent car and I'm very hooked on changing my CX-3 for CX-30 but I would go for the Skyactiv-X, even though it's a bit more expensive (though here in Denmark we get the fully adaptive LED headlights with the Sky-X, so that helps with the higher price a bit).

And it looks better irl than in pictures.
    Mazda CX-3 Optimum 2.0 Skyactiv-G 120HP Automatic

Registered Member

2018 CX5 SE-L Nav+ 2WD 2.2D 150hp Auto

Thorough review by Thomas as usual https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9dWkDu6flQ
    The internet is a huge dumpster, you have to search hard to find the gold nuggets

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234