Made in USA and Free Shipping on all orders shipped inside the US.
Made in USA and Free Shipping on all orders shipped inside the US.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49

Thread: Is Mazda's upcoming CX-30 on your shopping list?

  1. #1
    Administrator Antoine's Avatar
    Founder


    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    14,423
    Blog Entries
    5

    Talking Is Mazda's upcoming CX-30 on your shopping list?

    First post and thread in our newest forum!

    I know a discussion has already started in the CX-5 forum on this new model...Let's keep it going over here...Who's interested in picking up a CX-30?

    For those unfamiliar with the announcement...You can check it out here... https://www.mazdausa.com/cx-30

  2. #2
    No words bazooka joe's Avatar
    Donated: $40
    Miata & NEMOC Moderator

    2016 Miata Club, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    wbee ma to NC 2016 Jinba ittai
    Posts
    21,361
    Hi Antoine. Iím actually thinking of moving up from our cx5 to a 9 next go round.....Iíll check it out though when the time comes...got a few more yrs on the cx5 though. Itís been great through 75k miles so far!

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Administrator Antoine's Avatar
    Founder


    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    14,423
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by bazooka joe View Post
    Hi Antoine. I'm actually thinking of moving up from our cx5 to a 9 next go round.....I'll check it out though when the time comes...got a few more yrs on the cx5 though. It's been great through 75k miles so far!
    Hi! Cool! Happy to hear your CX-5 is treating you well and that you're thinking of going for the CX-9 next time...Got to say the CX-8 is quite popular here in Japan despite its larger size (larger tends to be less convenient for parking etc).

    Let us know your thoughts on the CX-30 if you see one!


    Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    We've already got a CX-9, so not likely that we would consider the CX-30 at this point. I think it would have been great for us if it was just the wife and I, but wifey wants at least a couple of little ones so we knew we'd need the extra room in the future.
    I hear ya...Yeah perhaps that's what Mazda is aiming for with the CX-30...People without kids, couples, singles who desire more space than the CX-3 offers...Who also like the CX-30 styling more as well...
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  5. #5
    Work in Progress sm1ke's Avatar
    Donated: $25

    2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    MB, Canada
    Posts
    1,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
    I hear ya...Yeah perhaps that's what Mazda is aiming for with the CX-30...People without kids, couples, singles who desire more space than the CX-3 offers...Who also like the CX-30 styling more as well...
    I like the look of the front and the rear, but the thick plastic cladding around the wheel arches isn't for me. Maybe if they made it half as thick around the arches, it might be more appealing (to me).
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  6. #6
    Registered Member

    2014 CX-5 GT

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Posts
    2,008
    Honestly, if they put the Miata engine into the CX-3, I would buy that as a commuter car. I moved from a CX-5 to a CX-9 and love it but miss the smaller car. For just me driving to work and around town, I could see a CX-3, the CX-30 or the Mazda 3 all working.
    2014 Silver Mazda CX-5 GT
    2017 Eternal Blue Mazda 3 Touring
    2018 Machine Grey Mazda CX-9 Signature



  7. #7
    Gen-1 Kodo Design 👌 ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colo-fornia
    Posts
    5,298
    Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    I like the look of the front and the rear, but the thick plastic cladding around the wheel arches isn't for me. Maybe if they made it half as thick around the arches, it might be more appealing (to me).
    Kind of a dealbreaker for me too. Rear looks good, but the cladding looks cheapo and awful.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 85k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

  8. #8
    Structural Member shadonoz's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    State of Jefferson - southern Oregon
    Posts
    2,488
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Kind of a dealbreaker for me too. Rear looks good, but the cladding looks cheapo and awful.
    Didja notice it looks like cladding at the back of the roof, actually top of the hatch, too?

  9. #9
    Administrator Antoine's Avatar
    Founder


    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    14,423
    Blog Entries
    5
    Yeah not a fan of too much plastic cladding as well...That said, depending on the angle, it seems to blend in with the overall design nicely...I do like the CX-30's sleek lines.

    I'm not an expert obviously but it seems like this use of plastic cladding is a cost saving / production efficiency strategy...Hopefully it turns into a "Win Win" for Mazda...The more success they have the more likely we might see a powerful flagship model someday or at least the return of MAZDASPEED to the lineup!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  10. #10
    No words bazooka joe's Avatar
    Donated: $40
    Miata & NEMOC Moderator

    2016 Miata Club, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    wbee ma to NC 2016 Jinba ittai
    Posts
    21,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
    Yeah not a fan of too much plastic cladding as well...That said, depending on the angle, it seems to blend in with the overall design nicely...I do like the CX-30's sleek lines.

    I'm not an expert obviously but it seems like this use of plastic cladding is a cost saving / production efficiency strategy...Hopefully it turns into a "Win Win" for Mazda...The more success they have the more likely we might see a powerful flagship model someday or at least the return of MAZDASPEED to the lineup!
    Ya, I think the cladding is a design element as well, also good for protection from road debris. I donít care for it, but everyone is doing it. I think MAZDASPEED is dead, unfortunately!
    [emoji53]
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  11. #11
    New Family Truckster CTt3P5's Avatar
    Donated: $10

    2008 MX5 SE 33Y/2016.5 CX-5 GT 42M/2010 3i T 38L/2008 3s GT 34N

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lehigh Valley PA
    Posts
    10,348
    The wife and I like the CX-30 but a big factor, for us, will be the actual release in the U.S. Her lease is up August 6th so if it is after that date, then it will not be a serious contender.

    As for the cladding, the CX-5 has it but it is not as prominent. Another thought is that they are using it to give the vehicle that 4x4 look.



  12. #12
    Gen-1 Kodo Design 👌 ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colo-fornia
    Posts
    5,298
    Quote Originally Posted by CTt3P5 View Post
    The wife and I like the CX-30 but a big factor, for us, will be the actual release in the U.S. Her lease is up August 6th so if it is after that date, then it will not be a serious contender.

    As for the cladding, the CX-5 has it but it is not as prominent. Another thought is that they are using it to give the vehicle that 4x4 look.
    CX-5 cladding is tasteful...though the gaudy front end does ruin that for me a bit.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  13. #13
    Registered Member

    2016 CX-5 (white), 2019 CX-5(red), 2019 Miata (white)

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    252
    Size-wise is the CX-30 right in the middle between a CX-3 and CX-5 ?

  14. #14
    Registered Member

    2019 cx-5 signature. 2019 cx-3 awd touring

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    610
    when the lease is up on the cx-3 i might upgrade to the cx-30 as it seems a bit more spacious and "rugged" than the cx-3 but not for another 2 years.

  15. #15
    No words bazooka joe's Avatar
    Donated: $40
    Miata & NEMOC Moderator

    2016 Miata Club, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    wbee ma to NC 2016 Jinba ittai
    Posts
    21,361
    Agreed, the cladding is so wide/prominent on the 30. When reviewer thought it made the vehicle look taller like it had big wheels and tires...so ya, the 4x4 look!
    Last edited by bazooka joe; 03-18-2019 at 05:55 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Wtb mazda protege 5 shopping list!
    By CaptainJr in forum Completed Transactions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 10:01 PM
  2. WTB:Shopping list
    By Nutari in forum Completed Transactions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-2006, 10:18 PM
  3. 1.6 Shopping List
    By 16Dohcslow in forum Mazda Protege
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 03:39 PM
  4. WTB: Shopping list
    By Nutari in forum Completed Transactions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2005, 07:17 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •